Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 Blaster, and I was wondering if I should rebuild the top end, because I don't think it ever has, and my buddies '91 300 Foreman S is never too far behind me. I thought i should smoke him, but over about a mile and half, I wasn't anymore than 200 yards in front of him, and I got waxed by a '89 Suziki 250 bike. So how much would it cost and would it be worth it to rebuild the top end?

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I would do it. It can't hurt you at all and I'm surprised its still running pretty well. It wont cost you too much. I did mine myself and I forget how much the total came to. Its definatly worth it to rebuild it. Its probably a good idea since its never been done.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I would go ahead and pull the top end anyways. Replace the piston/rings and crank bearings and if needed, the crank. If you just throw in a new piston( Which should include the rings) you will need that, the wrist pin, circlips, and a new gasket kit. That route will lead you in the direction of around 100 bucks :tup: The other way is probable around 200 :tdown: It is well worth it though :nod: :tup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only problem is that i bought it cheap and have put that much money back into it, and was wondering if i did this if i would still get my money out of it?

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Well, if youre planning on selling it, you'll have more buyers than if you never rebuilt the top end. It shows your bike was taken care of and that its running well.

And I think mine was also in the $100-200 range. I'm not exactly sure but I know it was around there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
93pile said:
I have a '93 Blaster, and I was wondering if I should rebuild the top end, because I don't think it ever has, and my buddies '91 300 Foreman S is never too far behind me. I thought i should smoke him, but over about a mile and half, I wasn't anymore than 200 yards in front of him, and I got waxed by a '89 Suziki 250 bike. So how much would it cost and would it be worth it to rebuild the top end?
Well, before you jump the gun and go out and spend a bunch of money on a top end rebuild, you should first do a compression check to see if the bike even needs it. No sense on fixing something if its not broke.

A friend in the Blasters,
Jose

·
Registered
124 Posts
cost me 110 $ for a new top end, wisco piston, rings , c clips ,wrist pin, and bore and hone not to bad of a price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts