Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to replace the top end gaskets everytime I remove the top end or anything with gaskets for that matter. I fear that if I decompress the gaskets and try to reuse them then they will never seal up right again. Help me out so yall don't find me along side a trail looking at my bike like this :wtf:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Do I need to replace the top end gaskets everytime I remove the top end or anything with gaskets for that matter. I fear that if I decompress the gaskets and try to reuse them then they will never seal up right again. Help me out so yall don't find me along side a trail looking at my bike like this :wtf:
i have heard of people reusing gaskets.... personally, i think it is silly to risk... i dont want a motor all back together, only to find a leaky head gasket and have to take it apart again... every motor i touch gets new gaskets all the time... no question

i highly recommend replacing the gaskets for sure

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 on those replies. Due to the cheap cost of gaskets versus the time spent to tear the top end back down to replace one, I say replace it! :nod: I always do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts