Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory tires on my raptor and I have the proper amount of air in them. I also only weigh about 170. I ride in rocky conditions and I have punctured the front tire sidewalls on rocks. Does anyone have any suggestions on replacements front and back. All I do is occasional trail riding. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The factory tires are only good for drag racing, they don't slide worth a darn and they cut like butter. Get yourself some good Holeshot XCTs in 22" and a 12 tooth front sprocket, you'll be all set for rocky trail riding :tup: :tup: Also, get a good 1/4" thick swingarm skidplate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the skid plate and the sprocket. I just need the tires! I had better talk to Santa soon!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
all I have to do is agree with Ubetrun. he has a catalog of what i did. NO flats with XCTs. none. good skidplate essential.
:tup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
i got bandits up front and they work awesome. i like the way they are flat instead of rounded. they stick to the ground very wwell and dont slide at all on any surface. not even in the snow really.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Get holeshot HD's They are bomb-proof

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
p8nt said:
Crazed said:
My vote is with Razr II 6-ply :tup:
i would have to say that same .. but they are gonna look a little bulky, but hey .. whatever works :tup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
any 6 ply
i Run 6 play kenda klaws and they do great in everything i put them through

i run a 22" rear for a little more clearance and it goes sooo many more places that my buddies 20" tires on thier raptors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts