Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to put this in the tires forum but i thought you guys will know better.

Whats the best tire setup for the front and back tires for the raptor 350?

i was thinking holeshots by ITP, but what sizes do you guys think? Should i keep my fronts bigger by one size? so like 21's in the rear 22's in the front?

What will i loose if i got up in tire size, i know ill gain top speed but will i loose acceleration? i would sapose this is like gearing?

Help me im lost :scared: lol

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well if you go up from the stock size you will gain top speed but you will loose some excelleration. If you ride trails you probebly dont wanna go down any further than 20" tires in the rear. I dont think the fronts really effect you speed. I would go with a 20" kenda klaw rear tire, and a 22" or 21" Kenda klaw for the fronts. I have klaws in the rear and tehy are really really great vvery long lasting and great hookup. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
427 Posts
first of all where do you ride...what conditions...mudy? woods with logs and rocks (things your gonna need clerence with)? track? long streachs (like open fields) do top out on top speed alot? what?

I love my holeshots and wouldnt go with anything eles...but i havnt had any other tire so i have nothing but stock to base em on..

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. I ride everything but sand. Thats why i was thinking 22's or 21's in the rear. i Want a tire that has a lot of grip for dirt and some wet muddy conditions,snow, ect.

·
Registered
427 Posts
well if you dont need the clerence then get the 20s its easyer to spin the back end around and it accelerates better but if you NEED the top end dont go smaller in the back...the fronts all depend on your clerence isues once again get 19s or 20s if you dont need that much room..its closer to the ground and less tipsy and easyer to controle...i ride some woods with some logs and some rocks and what not ...some mud (not much) and some track with deep ruts....and i dont have all that much trouble with the 20s in the rear...and when i get fronts im goin 19s...one thing i will recomend is get off set rims...to make your rear wider ...(less tipsy and easyer to spin your ass end around) :nod: for mud and snow and all around everything go with itps new holeshot HDs...their 6ply so not as easy to puncture and they get reallly good traction...for ruts and mud and anything you can put em through...id recomend 20s but if you absolutly need the clearence and or topend get 21s or maybe 22s.. :tup: :nod:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys i think I'm gonna get the holeshot hd's withs 20s in the rear 21s up front. Im not all that sure yet but i might also get some rims soon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
glad i could help :nod: and keep use up dated.. :tup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yamahaquad350, Why aare you going with a shorter tire in front than in the rear. That just sounds like it is going to look like some old car that has the back end all jacked up. I would run 21's or 22's or at least 20's but never anything shorter unless I had 18's. There is most likely a reason all quads come with a taller tire in front than in the rear. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
The fronts are taller than the rears from the factory to make it easier for the front to roll over and through obstacles like logs, and ruts and stuff. Since the front wheels are the controllers, it's more important fo rthem to make it through without being upset too much. The rears can be shorter for the ssame reason...once the front is through, you have control, so the rear cna bounce around a bit.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you are looking for something like you said to really grip in that tough mud and snow without getting into semi-paddle type tires, you should check out Holeshot HD's, http://www.itptires.com/holeshot.html
Check them out, seem to be real great tires, I personally know some people who run them and race local harescrambles, they love them. :tup:

·
Registered
427 Posts
TreeFrog169 said:
Yamahaquad350, Why aare you going with a shorter tire in front than in the rear. That just sounds like it is going to look like some old car that has the back end all jacked up. I would run 21's or 22's or at least 20's but never anything shorter unless I had 18's. There is most likely a reason all quads come with a taller tire in front than in the rear. Just some thoughts.
like #13 said the only reason to get biger fronts is so its easyer to roll over stuff like big logs or when you go in ditchs or what not...and the smaller you go in the front the better the controle ..the lower it is to the ground (=less tipsy) the better...i understand what your saying and if i could go back id prob go 18s in the rear but im happy with 20s for now...and i might go with 20s in the front who knows....1inch...not that big a deal...and when i get new rears (gonna be awhile) ill go smaller so...but i ride mostly track type conditions ...in anything eles id be in trouble(anything id need clearence on)....every now and then ill be siting on my skid plate so ill just have to rock it till it gets enough traction to get it out of what ever it is.....but i still would never go any biger.. :nod: :tup:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
if i was going to go for every thing driving, i would go kenda claws there good for mx, and have a v shape tread so that they hook up in sand and mud.

I love my razr's but they suck ass in sand, snow and mud

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Warrior King said:
if i was going to go for every thing driving, i would go kenda claws there good for mx, and have a v shape tread so that they hook up in sand and mud.

I love my razr's but they suck ass in sand, snow and mud
I find my razr's are great in sand, I can climb any hill?

Im getting some holehots front's soon and im going with 21'' fronts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts