Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the group. Thx for having me. Working on son's 01 Warrior 350. I see all kinds of threads about timing chains being too loose and jumping time. Nothing about being too tight unless the auto tensioner is involved. I have the auto tensioner completely off of it and I have to basically pry the sprocket onto the post. I ended up taking the flywheel back off thinking maybe I had a link on the other sprocket. Not the case. Tensioner bars are where they should be. Completely stumped. Oh and I'm going to choke my kid if he asks me again what time I'm going to have it done. :) Begging for help

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
i am not following your description of the issue. what do you mean pry the sprocket onto the post. are you talking about the upper timing chain sprocket onto the cam? what is the back story, what other work have you done? any new parts? i never had to replace the chain on any of mine but all of the timing chains i have done i have had to at least loosen the cam if not take it clear out and slide the chain onto the sprocket and then rock the cam back into place. i dont have my manual with me to look the procedure up but there is a downloadable manual in the tech sticky at the start of the thread. give me as much information as you can and i will see what i can do. as far as the kid goes make him get his hands dirty and then you can blame him for taking to long.lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you ever replace the sprocket on the cam and if so was it the same size or did you put a new head on or cilinder of timing chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts