Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing basic maintenance on a neighbors timberwolf: new plug, clean the filter, change the oil etc. I charged the battery and everything was great, started fine. I rode it about 500 yards down the road and back then shut it off. Now I went out to start it and nothing. Key is on, switch is on, headlights work everything, but the starter doesn't even try to spin. What happened? I removed the plastic and everything electrical is hooked up, with power (since the headlights work, it's not the main fuse or the battery) but the starter doesn't even make any noise. Is it the switch or what?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
My guess, battery. It may have enough power to run the lights but not anything else. Have someone watch the lights when you try to start it, to see if they dim. Also if there is any mud of anything on the wires blow it off with an air compressor.

My big bear also did this once, and it turned out to be a loose battery terminal. Make sure both terminals are tight.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the problem, it was the neutral saftey switch. Without the neutral light on, the bike can't be started. Moving the wire made the light come on and it started fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts