Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their TA system Ceramic Coated from Bob? I am wondering how the coating is holding up

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I saw a couple this week and it looked verry dull after like 5-7 rides, but it still held up :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had mine for about 2 months now. It has dulled a little towards the header (were it is hotest) but is still holding up[ fine. No flakes, crackes or signs of damage.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Get a non-cermic coated pipe and send it out to jethot coatings. Its 75 bucks including shipping I believe and they have some that are resistant up to 2000 degrees. Velocity had it done on his and it looked sweet. :tup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had Bob coat mine and I think it added alot of wait time to my order.

If I did it again, I'd have someone locally coat it for me like Nils did. :tup:

My coating is slightly dull right at the motor (maybe 4" or so), but the rest
is still nice and polished looking. :))

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have performance coatings do it, but I dont want to mess w thaking the rivets out and seperating the canister. Bob will repack the silencer, clean up the pipe and do the end cap and head pipe for $70

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had Bob do mine, looks amazing...

Only ridden once and as described above it faded slightly form the cylinder down about 4 inches on the header. A notice that came with the pipe from Bob, said after cleaning your bike and if you want to keep the finish purty, rub WD-40 on it. Well I have... Only thing about that is, the whole pipe smokes for a second after you start it up... :hey:

One thing that suks is something got on the pipe and cooked on to it... now it wont come off. :bk:

Over all I love how it cut down the heat coming off the header... My leg does not get hot anymore, only when slow trail riding.

Great Pipe!!!!!! :nod: and yes having BoB CC it did delay it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts