Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the plow on the warrior today. I don't know how well it is going to work with these tires, but I guess I will find out

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
its umm, different, hope it plows your driveway good, let us know with the first snow! :hey: :tup:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
let us know how it works, because I have a huge driveway and alls we will ever have is sport quads and i have always thought about rigging something up, hope it works well, keep us informed :tup:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
i think u should get some better tires.... lol

more sliding then plowin.. lol

well give us a report on wat happens :tup:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Loose some air in the tires, that will give you a little bit of grip. What you should do, since your tires aren't the greatest, stud them and keep them just for winter. You will get way more hookup with a correctly studded tire then a brand new tire in the winter.

Tell us how it does :tup:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Crazed said:
Loose some air in the tires, that will give you a little bit of grip. What you should do, since your tires aren't the greatest, stud them and keep them just for winter. You will get way more hookup with a correctly studded tire then a brand new tire in the winter.

Tell us how it does :tup:
:nod:
We keep a set of studded tires around just incase we need them. They're awesome for when its really bad outside.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be afraid that the studs would scratch my driveway. They are stock raptor rears that are like new. I also have a set of 22" spider tracks I could use.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
mxthunder said:
I would be afraid that the studs would scratch my driveway. They are stock raptor rears that are like new. I also have a set of 22" spider tracks I could use.
def... go with those :tup:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Afriad to scratch your driveway ?!?! are you one of those ppl that take care of thier yard and dont let anybody walk in it, or get mad when ppl go too fast in ur driveway :lol:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
mxthunder said:
shiiiit the stock raptor tires will do just fine :tup: mine are almost to the wear marks and still hook up perfect

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
mxthunder said:
I would be afraid that the studs would scratch my driveway.
ok im really trying not to laugh here studs might scratch your driveway right? so what the hell is the plow going to do to it?

:lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
i put a plow on my warrior and it had spider tracs on it and it worked like a dreem

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, actually my dad is the concerned one. I guess plowing could be just as bad as spikes.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
good luck :tup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Looks like it might work, but I just can't help but :lol: .

My sugestions:

1.) Lean back while plowing, Warrior's are front heavy stock, with a plow up front, the rear tires will prolly not want hook up.

2.) I doubt some studded tires could do any damage to your driveway, unless you have some like extra strength titanium studs, the concrete will do damage to your studs if anything.

3.) I would not even be concerened about even studding your tires, unless you have some that are bald or something. Just keep up your momentum, and you can plow through just about anything.

Well good luck, and like some one else mentioned, tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
hows that plow mounted and how much do you think it will cost for that set up? i want to put a plow on my banshee, get some studded tires and i should be good. luckly we only get like 4-8 inches on average around here so i think it would do alright. well,as long as i bring some extra plugs :lol: talk about workin fast!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
chris642 said:
hows that plow mounted and how much do you think it will cost for that set up? i want to put a plow on my banshee, get some studded tires and i should be good. luckly we only get like 4-8 inches on average around here so i think it would do alright. well,as long as i bring some extra plugs :lol: talk about workin fast!
4-8 inches?!?! :wtf: Are you insane? We had like 2ft last winter!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Can you get some pics on how that is mounted up? It actually looks pretty nice man :tup: Don't normally see sport quads with plows, but whatever works :nod:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Quadracer89 said:
chris642 said:
4-8 inches?!?! :wtf: Are you insane? We had like 2ft last winter!
I think he means each time it snows, not over the whole winter.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
JiM417 said:
Afriad to scratch your driveway ?!?! are you one of those ppl that take care of thier yard and dont let anybody walk in it, or get mad when ppl go too fast in ur driveway :lol:
looks like it dude, check out his dad or somebody in the backround mowing.. :razz:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts