Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that are committed to having too much fun.

Smoked my tranny at the BT ride in Little Sahara. (ya... where were you?) Too much crawling around in 4lo I guess. :shrug: Something is broken too, it goes clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk when you roll the truck backwards. Dunno what's going clunk yet though. I'm finally getting things cleared out so I can tear it apart; tonight I begin. 1650 mile trip to fetch my truck (Hallerween weekend) and I burned up 176.5 gallons of gas to do it. Special thanks to RaptorRiderTX, Diggerzmound, Sandman1, and Jim's Sand Toyz (http://www.jimssandtoys.com/) in Waynoka for all their help. Things worked out really well for me I was able to stash all my stuff in safe places while I formulated a plan to get my truck. Yep I took everything cool and fun that I have in the world to go and play, and returned only with an overnight bag after a nice relaxing ride on the AMTRAK! :lol:

BUT I HAD FUN!!!

My truck sat under the tree on the right rent-free for 2 weeks. :)

There will be very much additional cooling installed as well as a temp gauge before I go together. I also bought some heavier-duty goodies (no GM sun shell for me! :lol: ) and a B&M tow-haul button. I wanna build this thing as stout as I can; I learned a long time ago that I shoulda bought a 3/4 ton with a 4l80e. :roll:

Anyway. I've been rollerblading to work, too - this has got to stop it is time to fix the truck! :lmao:

My apologies to the worthy moderators & all those offended by things in the wrong forum. This appears to be in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
864 Posts
hey montecarlo were are u located at

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
HAHA thats good you had fun u know you had fun when u break things. nGood luck man hope you get it fixed. NIF you don't you will have to start bike riding to work or hitch hiking. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RaptorMan03 said:
im just glad you got every thing home :tup:
Yer not a-shitten bro! BIG sigh of relief when everthing was home and safe under my own roof. All of my home tools were in Nebraska I had to bring wrenches home from work just to change oil... my garage was literally empty for 2 weeks. I hadda skip a big ol' backyard bonfire party (complete with torched car) to get it done and nobody really understood why I had to retrieve everything ASAP...... but I ain't missing it tonight! :evil: You should come down! :nod: I guess the dude has another car line up to drive on the fire.

bens250ex said:
hey montYcarlo were are u located at
I R located at West Burlington Iowa. The land of missed opportunities! :haha:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
at least u had people to help u out

i can see what ur problem is from hear....that sign on the front of ur gril...remove that for 20 extra hp, and maby next time ur truck wont break lol, j/k

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
montycarlo said:
RaptorMan03 said:
im just glad you got every thing home :tup:
Yer not a-shitten bro! BIG sigh of relief when everthing was home and safe under my own roof. All of my home tools were in Nebraska I had to bring wrenches home from work just to change oil... my garage was literally empty for 2 weeks. I hadda skip a big ol' backyard bonfire party (complete with torched car) to get it done and nobody really understood why I had to retrieve everything ASAP...... but I ain't missing it tonight! :evil: You should come down! :nod: I guess the dude has another car line up to drive on the fire.

bens250ex said:
hey montYcarlo were are u located at
I R located at West Burlington Iowa. The land of missed opportunities! :haha:

Just let me know ill bring the beer :tup:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I guess thats what happens when you try to take a vehicle made for the road, and take it into the sand. Sounds like a fun adventure anyways.

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
threewheelin-feelin said:
you got 2 silverados??
The pull truck was borrowed. ;) I owe those people a life-debt of gratitude for that one!

The transmission has been torn down....... the big problem was that I tore up the input planetary gearset. :nope: Metal filings everywhere. :argh: I'm sure I'll put in a new converter and new radiator cooler before I'm done.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Damn, sounds like an expensive trip but atleast you have your truck now.

You are lucky to have some nice peeps to help you out.

Ice

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Glad ya got everything home safe Dave.
i have no doubt youll get that truck up and runnin in no time.

we all know you got the skill, but do you have the time??

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NitrousGuy said:

The time? O yea it's 6:24 am.

:haha: I crack me up.

/me STFU

I'll find time. Got nothing else to do. Mostly it depends on what kinda day I had at work. Sometimes I absolutely do not want to go home and work on any more broken shiznit. When that's done the Warrior needs to get fixed. (it's still in the back of the truck to save garage space! :lol: ) Then maybe I can tear into my Yamaha 850 Special..... whaddya say to that?

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is where I bought my sand tires. I live about 3hrs away form Little Sahra.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
montycarlo said:
NitrousGuy said:

The time? O yea it's 6:24 am.

:haha: I crack me up.

/me STFU

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts