Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody that rides quads today has a has at least a slip on exaust on there bikes. What's not to like, it sounds good and opens up more power. I know you guys might be arguing all day and night bout this topic but what is the ultimate quad exaust. This uncludes the 4 and 2 stroke pipes. What makes the best power / what sounds the best. In my experience FMF makes the most power and White Bros sounds the best.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
On a two-stroke it varies by model and year (on bikes that get updated port layouts). For instance on my dirtbike dynos show that pro circuit pipes are the best. They just came up with a better pipe design to match the port characteristics and routing compromises. On a different bike it might be FMF that is best, etc...

On a four-stroke, IMO the differences are so small just go with whatever flows good and is cheapest. Honestly when I see dyno comparisons of them I find myself wondering if they did enough runs to take a good average and if they bothered to get the jetting perfect for each. They are all overpriced as heck. It is a given that everyone wants their quad to be loud and sound fast, the manufacturers take advantage of that by selling 500-800 dollar sections of bent pipe and fiberglass packing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree on them being overpriced big time

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
There are so many exhausts better quality and design than FMF and WB.

Trinity, Yoshimura, GYTR, Two Brothers all would be considered higher quality than the others. The quality and craftsmanship of the Yoshi pipes has always impressed me, the sealing techniques and the mounting designs are very solid.

When it comes to two stroke pipes, its all about the power curve you want. FMF is common in the dirtbike scene but not considered the best.
Talking Yamaha 2 stroke quads, Toomey, CPI, and DMC would all be considered a better pipe than FMF, unless you want a low end machine, and that depends on the FMF series of pipes.

And I better not leave out the dual systems for the larger displacement bikes, hands down the best performers of all of the pipes..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had enough money for a yosh or any of those but i never had any trouble with the mounting or the design on them. Never had a leak or anything so i'll have to disagree with you on that one but I know they are probably better.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Theres no answer to this....for my yfz i always loved the n-motion short can for the two seasons i ran it...When i first start racing i used TC shorty but i broke five of them before i switched...Ive ran yosh and the ron woods as well

LT-r i had the yosh didnt seem to bad

Banshee-hands down the DMC 916 system where the silencers joined in the middle was the only way to go...God i loved that pipe...The sound was was like no other and it pulled hard DMC916>Toomy garbage

Its all personal prefference when choosing top of the line pipes for motocross...Each company puts alot of RnD into there products and with a small difference in HP you cant really feel the difference

dune riding xc riding and for play riding i have no idea

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
its like saying what is the best car? or who makes the best pants. its all about what you want. some pipes are better then others. but all the good ones do different things. i ran the old style gytr, and now run a new one, and im very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Just gimme an HMF

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts

·
Administrator
19,170 Posts
HMF is a lot better than most think. I've tried a few different exhausts on my YFZ and the HMF felt just as strong as any of them. And I dyno'd it against a Trinity system, and it made more HP. The PC'd canisters hold up great too...I thought it would fade and chip up after time, but mine still looks brand new, almost 6 years later! Plus, their customer support is pretty darn good. :tup:

Kudos to DMC for bringing back the 916. I absolutely love mine. :tup:

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
Just gimme an HMF
:tdown:
hmf = poor gains and excessive noise
It is loud as F. 99% of my riding is racing closed-course otherwise I would put on something a little toned-down. My last 2 quads came with an HMF on them, so that's what I've got.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
They are all overpriced as heck. , the manufacturers take advantage of that by selling 500-800 dollar sections of bent pipe and fiberglass packing.
ummm do you know how much that little section of bent pipe costs to buy, then costs to mandrel bend, then costs to weld, and all of the machining that goes into them? there is so much damn work that goes into making a good quality set of pipes it is ridiculous. i have been around a shop that makes them and it is not like they snap their fingers and get it done.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I love my HMF full system. Great fit/finish, great power, and great looks. Several dyno graphs have showed that it makes the highest HP gains behind the Dasa (beat it by .5hp), and the HMF is $100 cheaper!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
They are all overpriced as heck. , the manufacturers take advantage of that by selling 500-800 dollar sections of bent pipe and fiberglass packing.
ummm do you know how much that little section of bent pipe costs to buy, then costs to mandrel bend, then costs to weld, and all of the machining that goes into them? there is so much damn work that goes into making a good quality set of pipes it is ridiculous. i have been around a shop that makes them and it is not like they snap their fingers and get it done.
A lot of work I am sure if they were being made one off and not mass produced. I had no problem paying over 400 bucks for the set of hand made hand fitted expansion chambers on my frankenstein bike. If it had been something mass produced and the materials bought in bulk? ouch!

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
CT is one of the highest gain single pipes by most tests done..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you guys are looking way to hard. I get a monthly mag and for 2 years FMF has had the most power gains over all the fancy and more expensive pipes. As far as i'm concerned the butt dino doesn't lie either. Just give me a good old simple FMF and i will be happy!!!!

·
Administrator
19,170 Posts
I get a monthly mag and for 2 years FMF has had the most power gains
Keyword being 'mag'. :lol: That's the worst place to get your info from.

As far as the butt dyno goes...so you've tested and compared all the other exhausts and felt the FMF was the strongest? :???:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts