Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help on what kinda aarms and shocks to get i want long travle (2+ aarms i think....cant diside if 3+ would be worth the less room :roll: ) and shocks i think im gonna get elkas with piggyback rezies (adjustable)...umm whats some cheap but good long travle 2+ aarms i can get...maybe some where around 800$ or so ..the cheaper the beter...but i dont want anything homemade thats gonna snap on the first big double i put it threw..and where can i get the elkas realy cheap...any pics of this set up would be nice ...thanks guys

P.S. helpful sudjestions of any other shocks youd recomend that are as good or better that could be cheaper would be greatly appretiated

·
Registered
171 Posts
check out wicked arms they were just reviewed on this site

·
Registered
171 Posts
oh and alba makes cheap onestoo
rath racing makes arms as well and
they sound well made

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but are the long travel? ..(longer shock ..not just stock shocked aarms)
.i know about wicked im geting em for my warrior but i wanta go all out with the rappy

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Personally I would just go with a set of Lonestar arms. They are not much more and everyone knows of the quality behind them.

I have heard Janssen Racing makes some good arms also and they come with a lifetime warranty. (http://www.janssenmotorsports.com/)
For shocks, I would also check into a set of TCS shocks. Bob (BansheeBC) races with them and he says they are just as good or better than Elkas, but cheaper. I have a set and I love them. Would recommend them to anyone.

For the eyeball engineering, I think RaptorCam carries them. I would PM him and see what you could find out. :tup:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a set of Denton +3 Longtravels on Elka Quad Rate and love 'em. If you are worried about the width, go ahead and go with the +3 arms and then get the front rims in a 4-1 offset, you'll get alot less bumb-steer that way too. If you call the guys at Denton, they will work with you. I got my front end (arms, Elkas, and SS brake lines) for under $1700.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
If u can get elka long travles cheap then go for it but if you gonna pay anywhere around normal cost your better off going the extra mile and getting custom axis....If your not riding axis then you might as well be riding stock is what like to say ive ridden different setups before w/ elka's and tcs's both adjusted for right around my weight and i liked the axis shocks more....as for LT a arms you have a few choices but if your saying you want to go all out then you might as well get a front end setup from some of the top names out there like loren duncans (duncan racing) Lobo ll front end that comes w/ shocks lines and a arms, LSR's LTDC4 setup is pretty nice i hear a, and lastly My favorite set up that i run is dave gibsons (east coast atv) long travle Gibson set up...I swear by his work and i do almost all of work there dave started ECATV when he was 13 years old or something like it so he has some knowlege in the buisness. Heres my raptor w/ his LT front end on it. It preforms absolutly amazing

sorry for the shitty shots but thats all i had...need a new digi camera badly
hope that helps some

Paul
88x

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot guys ...trinity727....wow...that thing is sick....that suspentions set up musta cost a fortune...but probably worth every cent...lol i cant stop looking at it its crazy...

thanks alot Tease405 too i was looking at Janssen aarms but coudnt find their long travel aarms but looking at em again are these long travel..in the pic they dont look it but they say its sposted to go with longtravle shocks so i assume they are http://www.janssenmotorsports.com/#
and is their anybody on here that caries janssen aarms?

any more sudgestions on shocks and or aarms please talk to me and pics your willing to post of your suspention id love to see em

thanks alot guys yall are a help always

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Hey Man. Ya, Janssen does not list thier Long Travel arms under the Raptor Section but they have them for the YFZ in the that section and I heard somewhere they make them for the Raptor... Anyways, they are called thier Outlaw series arms, I am sure you could call Janssen and get more information on them.

As far as someone on here carrying them, Cameron (RaptorCam) tried to sign up with them a while back and they never returned his email, but he may be signed up with them now. I would shoot him a PM he can answer that for ya.

Good luck with the setup and let us know what you end up with. :tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts