Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need Help I weigh 250 pounds and do mostly trail Riding in New Hampshire I need as much clearance as possible to get over rocks. I also want a setting that will be able to absorb hit as well as rebound quickly. I know that the rebound should be strong but where do you guys know where the rebound and the other settings should be. it's a 2010 yfz450x with the new piggy back shocks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well if its ground clearance your after you need some 22" tires. and make sure you got some good under armor if your gonna be riding over rocks! I dont know about these piggy back shocks but most shocks have a brass screw at the top of the shock which if you turn it in stiffens the compression and out frees it up. Somewhere at the bottom of the shock should also be a brass screw which does the same thing for extension of the shock. You might also adjust the spring preload by breaking loose the rings on top of the spring and tightening the one on the bottom down to increase preload. You should use a spanner wrench for that but if you dont have one a hammer and screwdriver works too...lol. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
there is no perfect setting to adjust your clickers too, you have to set the ride height so its at the proper range with you on the bike, then adjust the hi-lo speed compression and rebound to your liking, no one can tell you what that number is, at your weight, it would be a great idea to ship your shocks to someone that can re-spring and revalve them to your specific needs. or invest in some after market setup.

read this, and take some time to adjust and play with your suspension, it takes time to dial it in and get it working for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts