Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know why my warrior could be sputtering at high rmp under a load or if you are at a cruising speed but idols great and anywhere from idol to about 1/2 it runs fine but it revs up without cutting out its just when you hold the throttle. i cleaned the carb and messed with it for a while and am starting to think it could be something with my stator like its cutting out at higher rpms i would be great if someone knew if i am right to think that or not?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Probably not the jet unless it has always been that way and that should be fine. Check that boot and the stator/pickup

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try running with your air filter cover off and make sure the air filter is clean and oiled. You should be able to run it with the air filter cover installed if the air filter is clean and the air cover snorkel is unobstructed. I had a similar issue when my warrior was starving for air (it has an outerwear cover over the airbox snorkel that was no longer letting in enough air. Also, is your gasoline good, or has it varnished? Rather than just cleaning the main jet, I would try to clean all the passageways of the carb with carb cleaner or compressed air - do not get any carb cleaner on rubber o-rings or rubber gaskets. (I think I am running a 45 pilot, instead of the 42.5 stock pilot) I am also running a 148 main jet in my warrior - it seems like the right size for a stock exhaust. I would also suggest trying a new spark plug, and inspect the spark plug wire and cap. Also make sure there are no cracks in the air boot between the carb and the intake manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts