Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Ive read how the yfz is very lean stock so i used the jetting guide on here to richen it up a bit, i put in a 45 pilot, 168 main, and the needle clip was already on the 4th clip from the top, i thought they were supposed to be on the 3rd clip? my 450 is all stock aside from pullin the spark arrestor out, i was just wondering why mine would be on the 4th clip, did they change it for 05?
thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
My 05 was on the 4th also from the factory. I think the 04s were on the 3rd

·
Registered
95 Posts
The stock needle jetting was changed to the 4th clip on some of the later model 2004's and all 2005's.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
jumpingjack said:
The stock needle jetting was changed to the 4th clip on some of the later model 2004's and all 2005's.
:nod: :tup:

And how did the jetting turn out for you 02raptor_rider?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jetting turned out good, i have a slight stumble on the bottom end, if i go from like 1/8 throttle to wide open, not while sitting in neutral becuz i understand that you cant get rid of that, but i mean while riding, if im riding along in 2nd gear at 1/8 throttle and mash it wide open, it has a slight hesitation, i was thinking a small adjustment on the screw would take care of this?
thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
02raptor_rider said:
jetting turned out good, i have a slight stumble on the bottom end, if i go from like 1/8 throttle to wide open, not while sitting in neutral becuz i understand that you cant get rid of that, but i mean while riding, if im riding along in 2nd gear at 1/8 throttle and mash it wide open, it has a slight hesitation, i was thinking a small adjustment on the screw would take care of this?
thanks
yes, it should :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts