Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really enjoy my PEP dampener. Denton is also really popular. I would go with the rebuildable if you ride a lot :tup:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
lvracer36 said:
GPR is the top stablizer, pricy but worth it. Its $449 from Chaparral.
Ive always wondered how these worked but the price tag has kept me away...i may pick on up for next season and give it a try who knows....Other than that tho i think all aftermarket dampeners are the same. i compared my denton rebuildable on my raptor to the dual gibson set up on my yfz and there the same damn dampner. If you took the stickers off of both you wouldnt be able to tell the difference so i say there is no best stabilzer because there pretty much all the same ones just w/ different stickers with the exception of the GPR of course

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive put the non-rebuildable denton on the last 4 quads ive purchased...
7 adjustment clicks...which is plenty unless your a pro racer...
btw ive never been able to wear one out yet so i personally think the rebuildable ones arent needed ...my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
trinity727raptor said:
lvracer36 said:
GPR is the top stablizer, pricy but worth it. Its $449 from Chaparral.
Ive always wondered how these worked but the price tag has kept me away...i may pick on up for next season and give it a try who knows....Other than that tho i think all aftermarket dampeners are the same. i compared my denton rebuildable on my raptor to the dual gibson set up on my yfz and there the same damn dampner. If you took the stickers off of both you wouldnt be able to tell the difference so i say there is no best stabilzer because there pretty much all the same ones just w/ different stickers with the exception of the GPR of course
Yep everyone of them is basically the same, you just pay for the name. The only ones that are different are the GPR, Scotts, and W.E.R.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i put the denton rebuildable one on my yfz. i was by far the best upgrade i have done. the bars still move freely but they dont get ripped out of your hands, and the fatigue your arms take will go down a lot. i can ride twice as long as i could before. i forgot it on click #1 once for almost a whole day and i was sucking wind and felt like my arms were going to fall off, once i put i back on click #6 it was smooth sailing. i will never ride without again :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm under the impression Denton versus PEP was one was an actual oil damper and the other had plastic or teflon bushing that squeezed against a chrome shaft. I would tend to think an oil damper would have the best action as long as it didn't leak oil.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
RPyfz450 said:
I'm under the impression Denton versus PEP was one was an actual oil damper and the other had plastic or teflon bushing that squeezed against a chrome shaft. I would tend to think an oil damper would have the best action as long as it didn't leak oil.
Yeah I have heard of the PEP being a plastic bushing.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i have a pep and you can hear the oil inside.......

·
Registered
175 Posts
There great n the dunes. A must have!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where can you get an denton or a peps and how much?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You can find PEP on e-bay all the time and the both the PEP's and Dentons can be found at alot of aftermarket race shops like Nacs, Duncan etc.. or direct. The rebuildables are around the $160 mark for full retail. I have a denton rebuldable. I always run it on the 7th click. I figured I would nock it down a couple of notched last weekend on a trail ride figuring it may make it easier to turn in the tight stuff. 5 mins in I had her cracked back to 7 after a very close encounter with some tree's. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes. You don't really notice it at first, but try and go back after awhile. It will suprise you. PEP now has a rebuildable one. I think either one will be fine. WER, Scott and GPR are the Ferrari of stabilizers, they are pricy and you have to be carefull of what stem you are running for fitment issues. I have never tried one but alot of the enduro & harescramble bike guys run them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts