Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Warrior. After pressing and releasing the start button it continues to try and start and won't stop, even after turning the ignition off. I have to remove the battery connection to get it to stop. So I figured the starter solenoid was sticking and installed a replacement. After the installing the new one, the problem continues. I opened the left handlebar control and took apart the starter button thinking maybe it was sticking, then used a jumper to try and start it and the problem continues even after I remove the jumper. What else could be causing the starter solenoid to stick? Or am I missing something? Again the only way I can get it to stop is to disconnect the battery. Also the starter is rotating very slow like it would on a week battery. The battery is a New Motobatt AGM battery that tests good and worked perfectly fine moments before this problem began, I rode the quad and then came back out to start it so I could move it and this issue started out of no where

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
test the red and blue (i think on the color its been a while) small wires that go to the solenoid. with the key on set you meter to ohms or continuity. it should be open, no tone and closed when you hit the button. if that is good is there a chance you got the wires crossed on the solenoid. let me know

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you got this issue resolved? I am having a very similar issue. I have a new starter and a new solenoid installed. Once I swapped the solenoid this issue came up. I noticed the wires (red/blue) were swapped from the configuration on the original. I disconnected and installed them the correct way so they match the original. Still having the same issue and having no luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts