Blue Traxx Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
8,530 Posts
The starter relay will fail, even more likely when overloaded. It seems like they fail when the starter gets weak.

Jump the big terminals on the starter relay and see if it turns over better. If so it is the relay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yeah I bought a new one and it started to turn over then stopped working. So I'm looking at the entire harness today and cleaning it up. There is an extra male bullet connector at the rear of the harness and I have nothing else plugged into it for some reason. The previous owner did some of the mods but seems like I'm finding all the shorts and things they didn't finish.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If that is a black wire it`s supposed to be hooked up to battery ground. Your ground cable from the battery should have the female end to that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah there isn't one, it's ran for a while like it is now. I don't remember seeing anything hooked up to ye battery other than the big black ground wire. I'll try that. I got another solenoid and it worked for like 10 sec and died. So you may be on to something there. I just didn't take anything off of that so IDK. Now I looked at the manual and didn't find anything that it would've been connected to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I found a little 10mm nut that was lodged in the head not letting the valves open and close properly. The head looks fine, cam and valves are good. But I broke off the exhaust studs so I'm going to have to try to repair those before I can see if that is what it is. The piston and everything looks great still from when I put in new rings. So I'm hoping that was the cause of all my issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came up with something similar. When i try to start seems like there’s something in the mirror have not had a chance to look deep in to it. I have the cover off everything seems fine

21 - 26 of 26 Posts