Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own this quad?

My parents want to buy this quad for my 8 year old brother. Right now my brother owns a Kasea Skyhawk 50. For 05 the 90 got Reverse and Nuetral. What do you guys think? I dont want to own a junk quad. In my opinion he should get the griz 125, but parents think its too much for my brother. And the fact its 16 yrs+( stupidest shit ever).

-YFM

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
i beleive its 12+
Thats stupid. It should not go by age, but by skill, weight, height..etc. People should have to take a course or a test to decide their skill. Or meet certain requirments. It is not for safety, it is to save the manufactorers ass when a 6 year old tries out his daddies 660r

·
Registered
268 Posts
i tell u what my son races a DRR 90 ,that will walk all over a grizz 125 .. i have a 150 kasea for my daughter and that 90 SMOKES it.. the polaris is NICE QUAD AND FAST LOOK AT THE PREDITOR 90 .sorry caps were on lol.nether 90 are made for deep water tho .. if u ride in deep water/mud ...you might look at the raptor 80 DOG or the grizz 125.. the raptor 80 needs modded to run good

·
Registered
522 Posts
my buddy is lookin to buy a sportsman 90. i take it they make em for '05? have to check em out.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bulkdriverlp said:
my buddy is lookin to buy a sportsman 90. i take it they make em for '05? have to check em out.
yes they do make a 05, thats what my parents are looking into,its a special camo edition, my parents already reserved the quad.

And what was said before about age restrictions, i believe it is very stupid to put a age limit on them. Hell i could ride any quad. Im 14 and tecnically i should be riding a 90. My legs would be on the fenders, all squashed. BUT isnt the age restriction a warning, not a law? Also i beleive there lowering the age restrictions on 300ex,blaster, majave, considering 14 year olds can race em.

-YFM

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
bulkdriverlp said:
yes they do make a 05, thats what my parents are looking into,its a special camo edition, my parents already reserved the quad.

And what was said before about age restrictions, i believe it is very stupid to put a age limit on them. Hell i could ride any quad. Im 14 and tecnically i should be riding a 90. My legs would be on the fenders, all squashed. BUT isnt the age restriction a warning, not a law? Also i beleive there lowering the age restrictions on 300ex,blaster, majave, considering 14 year olds can race em.

-YFM
Actually in my state, Maine, the lawbook says I'm supposed to be 16...but oh well.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Crazed said:
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
i beleive its 12+
Thats stupid. It should not go by age, but by skill, weight, height..etc. People should have to take a course or a test to decide their skill. Or meet certain requirments. It is not for safety, it is to save the manufactorers ass when a 6 year old tries out his daddies 660r
yea its stupid shit. my local honda dealer woulnd sell me a 400ex about 4 years ago cuz i was 12. so i went to the yammie dealer and they hooked me up with a warrior. then last year when i was 15 they let me buy a raptor.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Raptor515 said:
Crazed said:
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
i beleive its 12+
yea its stupid shit. my local honda dealer woulnd sell me a 400ex about 4 years ago cuz i was 12. so i went to the yammie dealer and they hooked me up with a warrior. then last year when i was 15 they let me buy a raptor.
Ya man back, oh I dunno, maybe close to three 1/2 months ago me and my mom went to my yamaha dealer to see if she could get her credit approved. I was checking out the blaster with a sales rep. He's like by the way, how old are you? I'm like, I'm 14. He says I can't sell this to you. Do you have an older brother or sister over 16? I'm like ya I have a sister.. he's like if anyone asks, say its for her... :roll:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crazed said:
Raptor515 said:
Crazed said:
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
i beleive its 12+
Ya man back, oh I dunno, maybe close to three 1/2 months ago me and my mom went to my yamaha dealer to see if she could get her credit approved. I was checking out the blaster with a sales rep. He's like by the way, how old are you? I'm like, I'm 14. He says I can't sell this to you. Do you have an older brother or sister over 16? I'm like ya I have a sister.. he's like if anyone asks, say its for her... :roll:

lol, atleast the salesman was atleast nice and let you get it instead of saying NO, that happened to me on my 350 raptor at the dealer.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Listen, explain to your parents that the manufactor's(sp?) that make the quads, can not tell weather you can handle a bigger quad or not. Hell im 130lbs and I was riding my dads sportsman 700 all day today perfectly. Age doesnt matter, what matters is expierence, height and weight. Also tell them that if they buy a 90, he will out grow it in a couple of years and there just gonna need to buy him a new one, where as if you get the grizzly 125, he can use it until hes like 12 or 13. My friend's brother was man handling a breeze ever since he was 7! :scared:

·
Registered
268 Posts
yup happened to me .. when i bought my sons 90 he waz 4 now hes 7 .. i had to say it waz for my daughter .before they would sell it to me ... the 50 waz to small . the salesman said even tho it waz small .. he couldn,t sell the 90 .. due t liabilty reasons .. then looks at me and said will she ride it .. i said yup .. its a deal said a salesman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts