Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be buying a sport bike soon, dont know what kind, but i wanted to know what a good one to get would be, anyone here have one? can ya post pics? and you few who are gonna go "why the hell would you want a crotch rocket" can just shutup

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
how much seat time do you have on a road bike?

for a beginner or a person who does not have a lot of miles under their belt i would suggest the
Kawasaki ZZR600
Yamaha YZF600R ( NOT the R6)
Suzuki Katana 600 or 750

these 4 are supurb sportbikes and are easier to ride, more comfortable. less insurance costs and will have PLENTY enough power.

dont fall into the squidtrap of must having the gsxr,cbr,zx,rr bikes.

the 4 bikes i mentioned above will have absoultly NO problem pushing 120 mph, and will have enough power to make you wet your pants when your throttle hand becomes twist happy.

another alternative is the suzuki SV650s
if i were to buy a v-twin sportbike, i would not even think twice about the sv650

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx! nitrous guy! that helped alot! i only have about a hours experience on my freinds honda (not sure what model i think its a 800 though), and i was only going about 30mph, so im on the newbie side, any more help would be greatly appriciated...

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
first off i want to thank you for your honesty.
in your case i would STRONGLY suggest the suzuki katana 600, or the suzuki SV600.

if you like the full fairing look, go with the katana 600.
the engine is bulletproof, gearbox is butter smooth and rides pretty damn good.

im on a suzuki streetbike website and there are plenty of guys who are in their 40's-50's with 30 years riding experiance who still love the katana 600.
plus, putting over 100,000 miles on that family of engines is not uncommon at all!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help again, i think im gonna take a lil' trip to a suzuki dealer tommorrow, i really like the katana, im not a big fan of those bikes where it looks like someone stool the plastics off them (i think there called half fairing?)

do you know any forum i can go to? like a suzuki sport bike forum?

thanks

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found this pic to, got me liking it even more!

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
yea, its called a half fairing or half faired sportbike.

im not a big fan of them myself.
ive got the suzuki bandit 1200S, which is also half faired in stock form.
but you can bet your ass one of the first mods i did was to buy a lower fairing for it. the full sportbike look IMO looks 100% better.

now it looks like a honda interceptor ( VFR800), but with a much better engine :dude:

take a look at the interceptor on honda's website. one of the best lookin bikes of all time IMO. just to get a visiual of my bike. dont even THINK about getting one. if the speed and insurance rates dont kill you, the price tag of one will!

the best katana site on the net is www.maximum-suzuki.com
you must register to view all the forums. thats the site im on.
over here im one of the older guys, but over there im one of the youngest.
its a site for older people, but there are experts on the site who really know there shit.

the reason im tellin you is because they put up with absoultly ZERO bullshit over there. the people who think bluetraxx is strict have no clue what there talking about. they rule with an iron fist over there. but it keeps the trash out of the site and for the katana/bandit and DR dirtbikes, it is the best website on the net :tup:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i weigh 134, and ive never really felt that weight evaluated how you control a bike, atv, etc.

i mean people say im small for my raptor, but i can handle it with flying colors

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
how old are you?
i was assuming your either 18 or older.
if your under 18, i have you the wrong bike choices.

if your under 18 i would tell you to look at the kawasaki ninja 500

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
i like ho wu have rip by it...have some problems??

if ur just starting, and dont want to spend cash on a brand new bike, get a older ninja, like pre90's there a lot less power, but there is still lots there

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea I was tryin to be Mat Mladin lol.. theres a really nice left turn in my area and I wanted to scratch the peg on the ground through out the whole turn. I was doing it fine, but didn't realize that since I was so low there was only about quater inch of tire touching the ground and it was an increasing radius turn. My tire was on it's last piece of rubber through out the turn that when I hit the increasing part the tire ran out of contact with the ground and I crashed/slid into the wall.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Have you tried looking at the 70s Kawasaki street bikes? They came with 3 cylinder 2-strokes ranging from 250cc-750ccs. :scared: Classic style, but able to whip just about any crotch rocket that whats some. :evil: I am pretty sure you can pick one up cheaper than a ricer too. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here's mine:

It's 1997 Suzuki GSX-R600 SRAD motor, frame, tank, swingarm. And the front end tail piece and subframe are from a 1999 Yamaha R1.......

I call it a Yama-Zuki

·
Registered
756 Posts
bakerboy90660 said:
Here's mine:

It's 1997 Suzuki GSX-R600 SRAD motor, frame, tank, swingarm. And the front end tail piece and subframe are from a 1999 Yamaha R1.......

I call it a Yama-Zuki
Whats a SRAD motor? How does that vary from the one now? Please enlighten me. :roll:

·
Registered
2 Posts
that bike is awesome man! :tup: im wantin to get a sportbike to, i really like the cbr's. id like to have a CBR-600 :nod:

·
Registered
188 Posts
cbrf41999 said:
bakerboy90660 said:
Here's mine:

I call it a Yama-Zuki
Whats a SRAD motor? How does that vary from the one now? Please enlighten me. :roll:

I'm not sure how it exaclty varies from the newer ones, but my bike is not fuel injected, it's carbed. And it's Suzuki Ram Air Direct, that's where the SRAD comes from.

Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts