Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 4 days i've been mudding at least once everyday. So today was nice and I decided to clean it. Still needs alittle more cleaning but i'll post pics anyways....

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'91 GMC Sierra Z71 4wd

PA 3" Body lift
32x11.50x15 M/T's
15x10 AR alloy wheels
True dual Flowmasters
237,012 miles on the stock 350.

Im gonna lift it 8-10 more inches and put a 38" Super Swamper of some type on it. Right now im in the process of removing the mufflers and running 2 11" Chrome tips on the right side in front of the rear tire.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
how wide are your stainless steel rocker panels....and if u know the brand that would help to..i lookin to put some on my tahoe

nice truck but if u do go and lift it, 38's re gear ur gonna have to put a new crate motor in it...for sure that tiired 350 will let go soon after u get all that done

·
Registered
330 Posts
i just bought a gmc sport stepside 4x4 with the 350 ho thinking about puting the street rod 350 in it or the 454 idk yet though . I could have got a 94 same exact thing with new tires though for 3000 but i didnt .. NIce NICE truck man

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
MrSlithers said:
Im gonna lift it 8-10 more inches and put a 38" Super Swamper of some type on it.
Good choice there youll love the 38" super swampers....My father used to have a ram w/ an 8" lift and 38" superswampers that thing was a dream to bad he got rid of it

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
trinity727raptor said:
MrSlithers said:
Im gonna lift it 8-10 more inches and put a 38" Super Swamper of some type on it.
Good choice there youll love the 38" super swampers....My father used to have a ram w/ an 8" lift and 38" superswampers that thing was a dream to bad he got rid of it
slithers ive told u several times 38's with IFS is not a good idea...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
ZBlaster said:
trinity727raptor said:
MrSlithers said:
why?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
ZBlaster said:
trinity727raptor said:
MrSlithers said:
No joke, and with that many miles on it get ready for stuff to break running it like that.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
YamahaRaptor2002 said:
ZBlaster said:
trinity727raptor said:
MrSlithers said:
why?
IFS parts are not near as strong as using a solid axle and leaf spring suspension. When you lift IFS trucks it puts ALOT of stress on all the IFS parts and is more prone to breaking and wearing things out. Also its alot more expensive to lift and IFS truck rather than a truck with a solid front axle.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! If I run into a nice Dana 60 front end, then i'll buy it and lift it. But I know alot of guys around here with IFS and tall tires with lifts that have the miles on them and they do just fine. Im not gonna be doing any hardcore mudding either lol.

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
MrSlithers said:
Thanks guys! If I run into a nice Dana 60 front end, then i'll buy it and lift it. But I know alot of guys around here with IFS and tall tires with lifts that have the miles on them and they do just fine. Im not gonna be doing any hardcore mudding either lol.
240k is a ton of miles, no matter how good the truck runs. I've seen it posted here and on Pavement sucks several times, people keep telling you it's a bad idea to lift an IFS truck that much and run 38's with as many miles as your truck has. Dana 60 would be nice, but the cost to swap it, buy it, regear it and repair it, and driveline it would probably cost close to or as much as you paid for the truck. Then a rebuild, probably a tranny and T Case rebuild. Then the rear axle.. I'm having problems with the same axle and I'm running a lighter rig with 33" tires, so you'd probably have to swap in a 14 bolt to match. Factor in wheels, tires, lift, rebuild and labor(cut and turn, brakes etc) for the 14 bolt and install and you've got way too much money invested. I'm pretty sure you're around my age, and there's no way in hell I could afford it, and unless you got 12 more banshee's to part out I'm assuming you'll have a hard time doing it as well. But if you're set on lifting an IFS rig with high miles and running 38's on it I hope you know how to work on your rig and have a back up vehicle, because even street driving you're going to be breaking parts left and right. But not a bad looking truck, need to get some mud pics next time.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice truck but now all you need is a 4 or 6in lift kit and then it will be awesome :rock:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I wouldnt lift it. It has a body lift so you could easily fit 33's on it. Just get some nice off road tires and it would look great. also it wouldnt be near as hard on the IFS.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
400ex austin said:
I wouldnt lift it. It has a body lift so you could easily fit 33's on it. Just get some nice off road tires and it would look great. also it wouldnt be near as hard on the IFS.
i would just get rid of the body lift, throw a 4in lift on it and get some 35s.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
trailboss said:
400ex austin said:
i would just get rid of the body lift, throw a 4in lift on it and get some 35s.
u need 6" for 35's on that style chev

1 - 20 of 24 Posts