Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna buy a system for my car (1970 rs camaro), i want it to be hidden completley, i already have a place for the stereo/cdplayer/XM thing, and i have places for 4 4-6 inch (whatever the average speaker is) speakers and like maybe a 10 inch bass speaker w/o a box, i could probably fit a bunch of those tiny tiny speakers (like the tweeter style one) in there too. I listen to metal, punk, and sometimes softer stuff, but never rap. Im looking for something that wont distort the music because of to much bass or treble (sp?) i want something that will enhance to music, but will hit fairly hard on the double bass drums. I was thinking about sony Xplods for the 4 speakers and the bass, but im not sure what brand for the small speakers. Do you guys think this would be a good set up for my needs? how much am i looking to spend?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
you gotta tell us how much your lookin to spend....

speakers can range anywhere from 80 bucks to about 2 grand.....

A little input, stay away from Xplode or another brand named MTX...

personally i would put alpine speakers in all around your car... or pioneer... AMAZING QUALITY!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Since you don't listen to rap, for subs I would go with 2 - 10". They provide nice tight bass.

You have to give us some more input on what you want to spend.

These are some of the brands that I prefer:

-Pioneer
-Kicker
-JL Audio
-Boston Acoustic

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Yam 21 said:

personally i would put alpine speakers in all around your car... or pioneer... AMAZING QUALITY!
I would be willing to put my MTX against anything YOU have...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yam 21 said:

Alpine is bad ass and pioneer sucks ass...if you want loud good sounding door speakers you cannot beat infinity. Also for your bass I think it would be easier to get a bazooka tube easier to hide with decent bass and sound

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im lookin to spend 1-5 grand

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
FMF FREÅK said:
im lookin to spend 1-5 grand
on audio? damn thatll get u a damn good setup...

id look at either 2 Adire Audio Brahma 10" or 2 Diamond Audio M6 10's... or maybe even 2 Audiobahn Flame Compression 10"

for amps id look at Memphis 1000D's, i forgot the exact number but Audiobahns newest 1200 watt amp, Directed 1100D, or a Diamond 500.2

·
Registered
203 Posts
In my truck I have Infinity Kappa Component Speakers. They sound great. The quality of the sound from them is unbelievable. I am very glad I chose them. As for my sub, I have a JL Audio 10w3. I listen to mainly rock and country and it puts out plenty of bass for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts