Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all. I sold my 2000 Warrior stock in great shape for a 2001 Raptor 660 with Yoshimira exhaust and protaper bars. It runs but needs a bit of work. Steering feels kind of loose. I believe it needs front a arm bushings. I'm waiting in my Clymer manual to arrive tomorrow before I start systematicly going through the quad. Any tips or advice? What are known weak links for 01 Raptors? For example, Warriors were known for stator failures. Etc. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
01 have a bad second gear, they fixed it in 02. factory carbs are a real bitch to dial in, they work well but you will need the manual for sure. the rev limiter for reverse and the parking brake can be finicky. other than that they are solid machines

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, I heard about 2nd gear. Well I have it tore apart now. Took it for a ride and it just died. Nothing. The battery was fully charged. Now, saying that. The quad has aftermarket handle bars and a twist throttle. While removing front plastics I found a switch of some kind stuck between radiator and screen that was connected to front plastics. It looks to me like it belongs connected to handlebars. That being said, test Resistance on PickUp Coil ,(Manual 445-545)tested good. 529.1 ohms, then OEM reference,Rotar Rotation Direction Coil(Manual States 0.069-0.085) my reading 000.2 I believe that's BAD. Stator(Manual 0.43-0.65) My readings(Testing resistance in all 3) 001.0 ,002.5 and 002.3 Again, I'm new to this but Im guessing these are bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts