Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was going around 30mpg or faster up the railroad tracks and they have all them little bumps that are like whoops. I was going along and befor i knew the grizzly did move no more in gear. I called my friend and he came down with his brothers trailblazer and pulled me about 2mile sdown the tracks into tow so i could call my dad to come pick me and the grizzly up. I had him pull me because in gear in 4x4 meaning front wheel drive the rear shaft would move up and down and i didn't want to snap were it bolts on at.

Now for the questions. Does gorilla or any other place make a rear drive axle? If so whats the place do they have a website and everything with the price and contact info? How hard is this to change? Did anyone ever have this problem befor? You guys think i can get this welded? Whats it made out of?

Here's the pics of the part in case anyone doesn't know what i am talking about.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yamaha350banchee/album?.dir=/7c36

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA you think just that drive shadft is bad now look at the pics. Turns out i snaped my frame to.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
864 Posts
do u beat that grizzly to death? weld looks good :tup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i don't beat my grizzly to death. I just trail ride it go in the mud and use it to get me around. I guess going fast over bumps did a numbe ron it i don't even jump the thing. I thing maybe it could be from riding 3 people on it or riding my friend pat who weights 200pounds could have weaken that part of the frame. I do ride 2 people on it alot! I also use it for some work when it needs done. Like plowing,towing trees,pulling loads of gravel and wood.

·
Registered
864 Posts
lol thats halarious.. i like the part were u said it could be because i was ridding around my 200lb friend that might have weakend the frame....

how are grizzlys for the most part my dads lookin for a 4x4 so does it have good power and doesnt break down alot...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love mine its like a tank it goes alot better than lots of other quads in the mud and snow. HEck in the ruts i was making it thhrought in 2wd were SRA quads were getting stuck in 4x4. Only thinks i replaced was front and rear bearings rear bushings and brakes. Which are all from going in the mud the bushings are probley more from doing donuts and powerslides than the mud. It's been a great quad never lets me down. The biggest problem was the drive axle and frame which i think was my fault not the quads. The quad has 3,300miles on it and nothign to major has happened.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be interested to see how that holds up
What don't you think its going to hold up? HAven't you ever learned you have to beleave in things?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
bluegrizz said:
I'd be interested to see how that holds up
What don't you think its going to hold up? HAven't you ever learned you have to beleave in things?
It might hold up, but I doubt it will be as strong as a new axle would be. The axle takes quite a bit of stress. It looks like you welded it pretty good though :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts