Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be coming to the dune's with almost a full drag racing set up....including Marvin Shaw shocks, +2 swinger, and all the work's. I will be running the new Barker drag pipe that rates at 94db so I should be safe on the sound limit.

But is there flat drag's or hill shooting or anything like that durning the group ride. I definetly plan on just riding and having fun, but I would really enjoy some good racing.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Well there "used" to be a real nice drag strip just beside the big dunes.But this year the place was pretty flooded.The main strip was under water all year.Part way into the summer a "make shift" strip was made running up from the beach.But it was about half the normal length and In a spot that wasnt ideal.It worked but wasnt great.So at worst that 1 should be there.

There isnt any real hill shoots.The hills are to small.So we can hope the main strip is back next year.If it is you will have no trouble finding plenty of guys to race.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
we were there in the middle of OCT. and the main drag near the big dunes was still under water. and with all the snow they get i doubt it will be dry next summer...unless we have a dry spring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live 2.5 hours away and we are getting hammered by now. HOWEVER, with it being so close to the dunes the dunes never get more than a few inchs of snow since its opena nd the water is right there it blows off.

The only main thing is that the shore right now on Lake Michigan is slammed with mounds of snow and what not. If I have time on my del route I'll try to post a cool pic of what I'm talking about. Once that melts the shore will be a huge mess for a while. A dry summer we don't need but it will take more than dry summer i my eyes to help out after last year.

Also after the hills and the last hill the wind really created a few new small hills/bowls that we never had before. In a few years that area is really going to change. As a matter of fact last year they opened upa few acres to riding. It has tree's in it and trucks where tearing it up in the mud but soon i feel they will have the far south area open up a bit, however just looking at it seems un safe with all the steep hills and drop off's. But dom't we all live on the edge?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last year I couldnt even get out of 3rd on the drag strips they had. Sand was soakin wet, which was nice for hook, but hard on the guy behind you. lol It was all whooped up , couldnt get much speed. Hopefully its back to how it always was

1 - 6 of 6 Posts