Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the starter clutch go out and i ordered the L&A part and i ran accross lots off forums where the trans goes out.I was thinking of buying a 2003 and swaping the L&A into it and putting the stock part back on the 2001 rapter and selling it.

I also am considering buying a new 2005 or 2004 Raptor but they will cost lots more than the 2003.

Will the A-ARMS FIT ALL YEARS i want to keep my +2 A-ARMS and i also want to keep my Dmc exhaust system and a few other parts .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Im not really sure whether you should sell it or not, i also have a few questions about 01 trannies, how common is it to go out, what damage will be done when it does go out, i was just asking about this because i might be buying a used raptor and there are some pretty cheap 01 raptors... And so i just wanted to know a little more about the trannies in them :tup:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
If you can afford a replacement quad, you can afford to upgrade the tranny in yours. In fact, you'll probably save enough to afford a nice 686 kit while you're getting the tranny updated. Don't spend the money on a newer quad, make the one you own bulletproof. :tup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I agree with UBETRUN.Replacement trans assy and parts prices have come down alot since I built mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCHOLLE said:
I agree with UBETRUN.Replacement trans assy and parts prices have come down alot since I built mine.

See the thing is i dont want to be with out a quad while the 2001 is being updated.And if and when i deside to sell it people are going to be even more leary to buy it just because of the stigma that the 2001's have so the longer i wait the more people will not trust them since it's all over the net about how the trans is a LEMON.I could probolly do the trans my self but i bought this quad because i was tired of renching on bikes trying to make them faster i wanted a quad that was relible out of the box.Not one i have to worrie if this or that may go out and will it leave me stuck in the dunes with only my freinds on dirt bikes to help.

Are the 2003 just as good as a 2001 that's been updated? If so i can buy one switch my parts and sell my 2001.And keep all the cool stuff it has allready.

I really like the bike except fore the trans and the week starter clutch and the swing arm that is about 3 inches too short.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Dont worry if it goes out it won't leave you stuck. most likely you'll just lost 2nd gear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my tranny just went out saturday, i lost 2nd gear. i am thinkin about just replacing 2nd instead of the whole thing to save money for a piston and cam

good idea or bad?

·
Registered
788 Posts
johnnydufus said:
my tranny just went out saturday, i lost 2nd gear. i am thinkin about just replacing 2nd instead of the whole thing to save money for a piston and cam

good idea or bad?
Good question, mine hit the fan on Sat too!! :tdown:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I think you have to replace more than 2nd gear to get the updated transmission parts. If you just use another 01 2nd gear, it's going to break again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
could i replace my 01 2nd gear with an 02 2nd gear and still work fine?

if not i will spend 700 at alba for an 02 tranny. is this where yall got yalls tranny from?

·
Registered
393 Posts
You cant go with any 02+ parts without using all of them. AT VERY MINIMUM you have to replace 2nd gear wheel, 4th gear wheel and shift fork 1 to get it back working with 2001 gears. and it will go out again, quicker - from what I have seen

·
Registered
130 Posts
ok thanks, i guess i will be spending 2 grand over the next 6 months.

when i put the new tranny in i will be replacing alot of parts
hotcams stage 2
p&p
kibblewhite valve springs
hinson clutch kit
.20 over wiseco or JE piston

any advice if these are bad parts just let me kno

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive seen the upgraded tranny rebuilds on ebay for like $550. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts