Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm replacing my swingarm bearings atm and I was wondering if I should do a few things while I have everything apart. It is an 07 bike imported from the states and the chain adjuster is the one where you have to shove something in the side of the swingarm and roll the quad forwards to adjust the tension.

One of the things I was thinking of doing was drilling my brake disc as it has no holes in it. Reckon this is needed? Is it safe to do this? I have a drillpress but I was wondering how accurate the wholes would need to be incase that would affect the integrity of the disc.

The other thing i was thinking was putting a grease nipple on the swingarm so I can squirt grease into the cavity where the axle carrier is and also drilling holes in the axle carrier so grease can enter the cavity where the axle goes through between the two outer bearings. Is that needed do you think.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
dont drill your brake rotor, it wont do anything but make it eat up pads, if you want something different, get a wave rotor, or a different after market design.

as for filling the cavity around the carrier, there is no point to oil that, you will also fill the whole swingarm with grease and add about 30 pounds to the bike, instead you can get a greasable carrier, or actually install a grease fitting in the side of the carrier that you can get to, that wont interfere with anything else, that will grease directly into the carrier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts