Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Rapter said:
Might be a dumb question, but isn't there a law that says you can't shoot hawks? Before I get blasted with some type of insult I know nothing about hunting just wondering.
to my knowledge theres no such law saying you cannot shoot a hawk with a camera.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Rapter said:
Uh uh yea... so how about them yankees
Haha nice try on the save... :tup: and editing :lol:

Cool pics by the way :tup:

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Very cool. :tup:

I actually had one fly past me in my treestand this morning, about 10 yards from my head. I was wondering why all the squirrels disapeared right away for a little while. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Hawks are awsome! Except for the one in junior high that flew over my head with a rattlesnake in it's talons and then accidently dropped the rattlesnake as it flew by. Fortunately for me, I was watching the hawk and had time to run away before the snake landed on me. It was a very angry rattlesnake but within a few seconds of it hitting the ground and me running away like a frightened school girl, the hawk circled back around and snatched it back up again. :scared: During this incident, I think I even pee'd a little!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
586 Posts
JayDawg said:
Hawks are awsome! Except for the one in junior high that flew over my head with a rattlesnake in it's talons and then accidently dropped the rattlesnake as it flew by. Fortunately for me, I was watching the hawk and had time to run away before the snake landed on me. It was a very angry rattlesnake but within a few seconds of it hitting the ground and me running away like a frightened school girl, the hawk circled back around and snatched it back up again. :scared: During this incident, I think I even pee'd a little!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
lmao!!! yea id run like hell if i seen a rattlesnake falling from the sky too lol

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
I didn't know it was a rattlesnake until it hit the ground but I was still close enough to see it pretty good when the hawk picked it back up again. Hawk's are awsome creatures though! Definately one of my favorite birds!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
02RaptorLE said:
Rapter said:
Uh uh yea... so how about them yankees
Haha nice try on the save... :tup: and editing :lol:

Cool pics by the way :tup:
LMAO Hey once I read the part that said "with a camera" I had to try and save myself from looking like a dumb ass.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. There are tons of Hawks in my area, actually, where my dad's farm is in Greenville. I almost got slammed by a hawk on my quad. I was blasting down this lane and out from a bush came a hawk right in front of me trying to gain altitude with some knid of critter in its talons. I knew I should slow down, but I had such an awsome underside view. Too bad I don't have a helmet cam. That would be great video.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
What kind of camera do you use? My sister has a Canon Rebel and a Nikon N80, she takes some really cool pictures of birds, nice pics of hawks too. Did you use a digital camera? My dad bought a Digital rebel and that thing takes the sharpest pictures ive ever seen.

Nice pics though :tup:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ive been attacked by one of those i was walking down the road to look at mx track and outa no where it cam swoping down at my head so ran and got a stick and swung as hard as i could when it swoped downover my head and i hit and then ran like the wind..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
warrior-man said:
What kind of camera do you use? My sister has a Canon Rebel and a Nikon N80, she takes some really cool pictures of birds, nice pics of hawks too. Did you use a digital camera? My dad bought a Digital rebel and that thing takes the sharpest pictures ive ever seen.

Nice pics though :tup:
Thanks for the compliment

I have a Canon EOS3, 28-135mm Image Stabalizer lens, 20mm wide angle lens, 420EX Speed Light flash, a bunch of filters, a 2X teleconverter, and some more little accessories.

I'm saving for the Canon EOS 20D pro digital. 8mp, 5 frames per second. Costs $1500 though.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Wow, those are some nice cameras. I love taking pictures with my dads Digi rebel, its such a clear picture im just amazed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts