Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my KX I didn't know what the rezzie did, and didn't know it contained oil.. I loosened the hose to turn it a little so it would mount better, and got shot with oil. I quickly tightened it back up but now it isn't as stiff as it was. So how would I replace the oil without tearing shock apart?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much will that cost? and could I do it at home? I have a clymers manual . . .

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I dont think a Clymers manual will help you there. You need to take them to someone.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess they are staying like that, I don't have the money to ship them out. Shyt, the bike is still in pieces cause I don't have money.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
617 Posts
yeah, ull have to go to the people who service them...i bent/broke a shock before on my old shee...it sucks

·
Registered
476 Posts
You are nuts.
Don`t do things you don`t know
My frined is blind because of this oil shot, it came like a rocket into his eyes.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
and the kx is still under rebuild

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah.. I can't do anything in the winter to get money so I had to wait till now. My parents are going to help buy the parts and I'm going to work and pay them back. :)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just oil dude, I usually don't stick my eye in front of bolts when I loosen them. :smooch:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Crazed said:
It's just oil dude, I usually don't stick my eye in front of bolts when I loosen them. :smooch:
I bet its not the fact that it was oil but the fact of the pressure that it came out at. The nitrogen is usually 250 psi so I bet the oil will come out a very high pressure.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2003blacknred said:
Crazed said:
I bet its not the fact that it was oil but the fact of the pressure that it came out at. The nitrogen is usually 250 psi so I bet the oil will come out a very high pressure.
Yea, probally true. When I did it, oil only shot out a few inches though. Kind of squirted aroung the edges because I just barely loosened it.

Yea I don't care if it gets recharged, it's too old anyway so I'm not going to jump very big.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts