Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '93 Warrior, and the ball & socket joing in the shift linkage at the shift lever side is real loose. I looked on the part's fiche and it doesn't seem to show the socket portion that screws onto the end of the rod...it shows the rod, nuts and both the shift lever, but not what I need.

Am I missing something? :???:

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
or you could do the fix i did to mine pull shifter and the part that goes on the shaft put a lug-nut between them ( a 2nd gen s-10 w/ the external threads work really well because it will drop right in and give you plenty of welding surface) weld the 2 pieces together w/ the lug-nut between them and add a coat of paint i can take pics of it if any1 wants to see it. its a free fix and it works really good

·
Registered
10 Posts
So if i buy yz 426 or yz 250 shifter i can remove mine and hook one of these up to eliminate the loose linkage? I have an 87 so i'm just wondering if the motor would be in the way where i have pull start on mine. I'd love to get rid of the mangled up loose linkage on my bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok confused here. My linkage works but starting to get a lil sloppy. How will a shifter off of a 01-06 yz250f resolve the problem?

·
Registered
574 Posts
So if i buy yz 426 or yz 250 shifter i can remove mine and hook one of these up to eliminate the loose linkage? I have an 87 so i'm just wondering if the motor would be in the way where i have pull start on mine. I'd love to get rid of the mangled up loose linkage on my bike.
With a pull start you have to cut and weld, or use a vise and bend an aftermarket shifter to make it work, same way if you have a bif bear oil cooler setup, But the difference is well worth the time

·
8,529 Posts
Might need bent out just a little. Nothing severe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts