Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else agree that the stock lever on the warrior seems to be to short. (I also still have the stock pegs). If you were a size 11 or 12 boot it is difficult to get under it. :s96: Does anyone know of a good after market lever to fix this problem or do you need to reposition the pegs?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes, my old one was like that. I make one that is a direct connect, and it solves all the shifting problems. PM me for more details.

-Kahuna :TB:

·
Registered
559 Posts
i used to have that problem but i have 14 boots i fixed it by moving the lever up to get my boot under it

·
Registered
186 Posts
lol mine is bent lower kuz i endo'd into a landing and missed the peg and all my weigh was on the shifter. it held up but bent down a little. didn't bend it back kuz i liked it better :tup:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
man i went out and put a stock ex shifter on it, it gets rid of the stupid link bull crap, makes ur shifts so much easer, no slack or place, and its much longer, i have sive 12 feet and its perfect when i have my boots on. The shifter will need to be bent a tad, not much, just put it in a vide, get a blowtourch some vice grips and bend it a little, easy to do...since then i have had a branch rebend it even more...raped it back to the peg lol, happend to me on the stock shifter as well, any way i just bent it back out and its like new.

·
Registered
499 Posts
400ex shifter?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Got any pictures of the 400ex shifter on your quad?

I almost bought a cheap one lI could bend to fit ast time I ordered stuff from RMATV, but I didn't want to end up with a shifter that isn't comfortable and doesn't fit right.

·
Registered
466 Posts
doesent a 1990's yz one fit?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic's would be great if anyone has any.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts

well i had a pic of just the shifter...but cant find it now :s96: any how u can see it in that pic, in realtion to the stock brake u can see how far it goes.

It is direct mount, it shifts great, and its a 400EX shifter, it fits fine, just needs to be bent a bit like i said

And yes, a 90-91 yz shifter i heard will work as well....but i no for a fact, the 400ex shifter will fit, and it gets rid of all that stupid linkage shit...who ever designd that shifter needs a kick in the nuts!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts

This is a good pic of Kahuna's shifter I found you can bend a stock blaster shifter exactly the same way its the right length and everything

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dunno about anybody else though, but when I tried to put the 400ex shifter on warrior, the part where it connects to the engine was like .030 bigger than the shaft that comes out of the engine. the bend and everything else was good but it was way to loose to even bolt on. I could take the shifter and put it on the rod without even takeing the bolt out of it.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
did u try tightin the bolt???it worked great for me :wtf: and the bend was off for me...u shure u have a ex shifter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts