Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2001 blaster, having issues with the shifter. The clutch is crazy hard to pull and it will barely get to 3rd. When it does it will randomly pop into neutral. I do know that the bearing was missing in the push rod and I’ve replaced that and adjusted the rod and it did not fix anything...thoughts?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
sounds like two problems. check to make sure it is not a rusty cable and then you will have to pull the clutch apart and inspect it. i suspect grooving in the basket or hub. the popping out of gear could be a result of the bad clutch and it just not getting into gear all the way but it is likely a bent shift fork. either way you have some wrench time in your future

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I have torn the engine down to just the bottom end. Without any clutch or cable or anything the tranny want go past 2nd. I’ve spoken with other and they mostly agree it’s a shift fork. Without a case splitter I’ve not inspected any further. I’ll be getting a flywheel puller soon and going to try using a pulley puller to pop the cases apart.

·
8,529 Posts
Once you get the bolts out of the case there are tabs you can lightly tap and the case will separate. Use motoSeal or YamaBond on the cases to seal during reassembly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts