Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my raptor acts like it runs out of gas. when you are romping on it through the gears it works fine until about 10 seconds into it. then it will start to bog and sound like its running out of gas. then if you let off the gas it will stall and then when you start it up 20 seconds later it is fine. If you romp on it for a while it will repeat that process. what do u think the problem could be?
thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Checkyour floats.. Sounds like they might need to be adjusted to allow more fuel.. Maybe the carb is dirty.. Have you made any changes to the carbs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Raise the floats, you can also modify the carbs for duel feed lines if you have to.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Fuel Starvation for sure .. make sure the petcock is clear of any debris, make sure the lines are clean and not kinked (if they twist they will do this too), if you've done the carb mods listed on the stickys you'll need to make that 45deg mod to the float also

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just got back from the dunes and on the beach drag racing is where I noticed that same problem.... I have a pipe, jet kit, and K&N.
it was fine in the dunes but WOT on the beach it was like it was running out of gas. 2nd gear on.

I'll have to pull the carbs and check the float levels..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts