Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rebuild a 01 raptor i pick up in peaces was rebuilt took years to do had to order so many parts (all from yamha) tookmso long cause everthing beeing on back order.. crack connecting rod piston oil pump valves you name it it was new.. other then tranny... firt good ride on it i noticed return line was leaking so i stoped tried to reseat the line to the over flow canister but the flared end was so badly damadge i couldnt get it to seal made it home with it running by putting 10w40 diesel cause all i could get i made it hime engine running but it had started making some awfle noises dont remember how the sound was it was so long ago if it was grinding nocking or what but just remember it was horrible.. what could have gotten damaged .. what should i do to check it out to be sure i safe to ride hoping simpply top end but does anyone have any clue what could have started failing first any one experience this on a raptor before?

·
Super Moderator
8,505 Posts
Running low on oil usually damages the rod bearing, trans and cam bearings first

1 - 2 of 2 Posts