Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used ripper racing to replace there tranny on a 01? They quoted me a price of $950 to completely upgrade the tranny to a 02 and also replace the one way with a LA design. They say 3 months warranty on the parts they replace and 1 year on the one way. What do you guys think? is this a reputable company?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It sound like a good deal since i was quoted 1500.00 for parts and labor at the two mian shops around here.But they would take the engine out and reinstall it when they were finished with the transmission.

Ripper racing wants you to pull the moter and ship it correct?

I just ordered the L&A on way from Ripper Racing but i have not receaved it yet.

If you do it let us know since that does sound like a cheeper option even if you have to do some work pulling and installing the moter.I am still trying to decide if it is a better idea to sell my 01 before the trans melts down and buy a 03 and put all my parts on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, ripper racing wants just the motor. If you want my opinion, I would sell the 01 before she blows. When it goes you are looking at a minimum of about $500 just to repair the tranny and thats if you do everything yourself. I guess I will let ripper do the work because I cant do it myself, I can take the motor off but I dont want to takle the rest.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am not sure of his actual work but I can vouch for the company itself. He is a straightforward person and I know he is not out to rip anyone off... :tup: I know, seems weird for us to endorse competition, but we like to try and keep the honest companies in business! Everyone knows there are some bad ones out there :s96:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I beleive it is PA, he said he has been seeing shipping anywhere from $70 to$100 each way. Can anyone recommend anyone else that has a good name and does good reliable work?

·
Registered
529 Posts
RaptorCam said:
Everyone knows there are some bad ones out there :s96:
I know of a few :nod:

·
Registered
94 Posts
same

Once you add everything up, $950 is reasonable. Check with your local dealership...no doubt they will be much higher. I bought a 1 way from Ripper Racing and can vouch for them...killer customer service to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts