Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
r raptors responsive to incresed rev limiters, something like yoshi or WB. do they work well, worth getting? thanks in advance

·
Registered
93 Posts
It already revs to 9,000. I don't think I would want to take it any higher. :TB:

·
Registered
346 Posts
well from the looks of your sig, you have nothing major done to your raptor. Uping the revlimiter would do nothing. The motor is not even making its max hp at 9,000 rpms...so i dont see a purpose to change the limiter without some motor work

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
IMO upping the rev limit is useless unless you've had serious engine work done (head porting, cam higher compression & bigger carbs), even then I doubt you'd still be making power at 9000RPMs.

that being said the CDIs with diffrent ignition curves would be helpful in more situations.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well i got a magic racing rev limiter, and i put it on when i put more 6 more discs in my exhaust, put my edelbrock on, and eliminated my airbox. It actually hits it more easily now than it it did with the pro flow kit on the stock carbs.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, its not actually for me. im just askin for a friend who ordered one for a guy and he wanted to know if it's something worth getting. i dont know what he all has done to the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts