Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the most curious development tonight. My 01 Raptor has been running really well. I was missing a tailight so I wired up a after market 1. I just cut the OEM clip and wired in tail light. All seamed well, took it for a ride tonight and it starts,idles and even runs fine, that is UNTIL, you advance past 1/4 throttle, then it spits and sputters. I am able to ride and shift through all gears but not past 1/4. The thing is, the parking break is already disconnected but it looks like just the switch was removed from perch. Not 100%. Could it be possible it is a carburetor issue? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's what I'm thinking. But the parking brake has been totally removed. However there still is a physical switch on bike, just not hooked up. But yes I will do that. I wasn't aware it was in the circuit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, that's what I'm thinking. But the parking brake has been totally removed. However there still is a physical switch on bike, just not hooked up. But yes I will do that. I wasn't aware it was in the circuit.
If you havent solved your problem it sounds like the issue I just got resolved. The rev limiter was hitting and not letting me rev up very high. I could get thru each gear but would hit a wall just short of half throttle. Check out my posts and videos to see if its like yours. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts