Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having problems with my rear brake. Every time I bleed the brakes it works well for about two rides. Then it just looses pressure and doesn't work until I bleed it again. Any ideas????

There is no brake fluid missing (check the rezzie all the time)
And the line doesn't seem to be cracked or broken???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like the same thing as mine. I bleed it, its tight for a ride. Then its soft. I mean i can still lock them up, but its not as tight.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I dont have that problem on my YFZ but I've heard people say that they needed a master cylinder rebuild kit when it happened to them. I guess you should contact your dealer and ask them about it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EX 80 said:
Sounds like the same thing as mine. I bleed it, its tight for a ride. Then its soft. I mean i can still lock them up, but its not as tight.
Yea same here except they get so bad that they dont work at all! I'm going to look into the rebuild kit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine doesn't stop working, it just get real soft. i said F it, i just use it like that. I am going to try the YZF one.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Sounds like you have air in the line, I know you said you have bled them, but there could still be some air in there.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OCR said:
Sounds like you have air in the line, I know you said you have bled them, but there could still be some air in there.
The weird part is that I bleed the damn thing every weekend and it regains pressure. Then eventually, slowly the brakes starts to soften up and fail. I ordered the rezzie rebuilt kit, I'll let you guys know if it works. :whatever:

·
Registered
988 Posts
replace..not rebuild the rear brake master cylinder...i did so with a honda one and works great now....i am thinking of going a different route in the future..will let u know later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts