Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 00 Warrior.

I had some rear brake issues last week so i did the e-brake removal, and replaced the pads. I have a question putting it back together where something does not seem right...

The bracket for the brake caliper comes right off the caliper. I believe my problem is on the brake adjustment. This is an allen screw that goes into the caliper mount. That allen screw has threads on it, and so does the bracket, but on mine the screw goes straight through and doesnt thread into the bracket...

Am i correct in assuming the bracket is bad since the adjustment doesn't screw into the bracket.

Attached are pictures of my question. Please help !

Thanks!

Edit : Also if that bracket does need replaced, can someone point me in the direction of obtaining just the bracket without buying the entire caliper.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
you should be able to get an individual part from any place that sells oem parts like cheapcycleparts.com

I'm not sure exactly how the rear brakes go though, been a while since I messed with mine and that was just trying to figure out the parking brake adjustment. It sure looks like it should be threaded though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt able to find the bracket as a separate piece on any oem schematics, thats why i wasnt sure if it was even normal for this bracket to come off. All sites show it as being sold with the caliper.

And just to clarify this is a adjustment for the regular break, I removed the E-Brake.

thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need to know :

1) Is it normal for the bracket attached to the caliper to slide right off?
2) Does adjuster(not E-Brake adjuster) screw on the caliper, screw into that bracket?
3) Can you purchase that bracket separate from the caliper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
would anyone know what tools you would need to replace the pison seals of the caliper? i just cleaned up all f the slides on my rear brakes and went to bleed it and found brake fluid coming out of the worn out seal.

·
Registered
417 Posts
just the regular tools you need to get the brakes off and some cleaning tools for once the piston is out. I use a brass brush myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts