Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across a Honda 450 Guy at work is talking trash does the Raptor come close?

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I beat one on the drags in Pismo w/ my Raptor. His was stock and I think he did not know how to ride it though.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
shady-ooc said:
sorry to say but stock for stock the honda is faster. i am not sure on top speed but in a drag the honda's are fast.
:wtf: The 450r sucks stock.. you need to get the HRC kit before you do anytime of racing. Stock for stock the raptor should own it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just traded my 450r for a raptor and a new yz 85 and i can tell you from experence that my 450r was faster than the 660 i have now......but e start and reverse sure is nice. :tup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
not even close the honda 450r is a slouch when its stock
the bike has no "hit" anywhere in the power curve
but the thing winds out and its a smooth engine :nod:
plus the suspension rocks it lands real nice
but its still a slouch any way you look at it :zzz:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I raced two 450R's today on my raptor. I have a sparks pipe, airbox lid cut, Pro Design filter kit. One of them had the HRC kit. I beat them both everytime by 2-4 lengths depending on which one I was racing, one of them was stock. This was on sand aprox. 350-400ft. We all had paddles. I know for sure the YFZ owns the 450R, it is not even close stock, or piped.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I always beat my friends by like 1 quad leanth or he beats me by a quad leanth Its always real close. we both have curtis sparks pipes and pro flow filters the only diff in aftermarket parts is he has a hot cam. Its always a very close race. If you drag good you should be able to take him :tup:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My 01 craptor broke down this weekend at the dunes, so i rode my dads 450r :tup: . I love that thing. The suspension is great and it launches beautifully. It has a full Fat Boy 4 Exhaust from duncan and jetted/ filter. That thing runs like a dream. I smoked every raptor i raced up the hill. They couldnt even come close. I would beat them by atleast 4 bikes. Also i raced on the flats and the 450r is about 5-7 mph faster then the raptor. ( the raptor i was raacing on the flats had a slip on/ Pro-Design Filter kit, Jet kit ) And i was smoking all the raptors at the hill. Even got me a piped banshee :nod: . I was really suprised how easy it was to get used to and to control. I like the low feeling of it and i can pull thoose fronts up no problem. Ended up fliping it in a burm since it had rained and the rutts were really deep. No damage though. Only a broken flag. The 450r is really underrated :razz: . I would say i like it better then my rappy and if i had the money i would buy one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
MY best friend has a 450 lol so ha i proved you wrong his will stomp the crap outta me now but it jetting i gotta get it figured out his 450 is faster than the others and my raptor was keeping up with a stock modified exhust and some form of jetting (how i got it) now im trying to get it tuned with the sparks and its a huge pain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts