Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to think up some ideas for my quads cosmetics. It's a stock black and white raptor now.

Idea #1- Paint rear fenders black, paint grill piece yellow to match shock coils, paint hubs yellow. Have a place down the road from me make a custom graphics kit...dunno what yet. Maybe flaming dice on the gas tank. I don't like too much graphics. Something clean and simple but cool. :)

Idea #2- paint rear fenders black, paint grill piece ___?, shock covers or coils painted____?

I was also thinking idea #1 with orange....I like orange :nod:

Any other ideas guys? I want some opinions!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well, im heading close in the same direction.

Im painting my frame Tangerine Orange with a silver base from "House of Kolor" and getting all black covers.
The other parts will be up to the Air-brusher.
:shrug:

·
Registered
37 Posts
just remember if you paint plastics it really doesn't matter what kind of paint or primer you use, its always gonna flake off faster then just buying new plastics from the factory

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Reckless said:
just remember if you paint plastics it really doesn't matter what kind of paint or primer you use, its always gonna flake off faster then just buying new plastics from the factory
Well maybe you havent been around here long but most of us have had good louck with the Krylon Fusion Paint. i my slef painted my plastics with it then hit a Car doing over 120 km demolishing my plastics and non of my paint flaked off i had deep gouges into the plastics and thats the only place where the paint was physically scraped off all other places where my plastics broke the paint didnt even chip on the edge eve thou i bought new mair plastics ill swear by that paint its sticks like crazy. All thou it is crappy if your taping any thing off cuase the paint is designed to sink in every where so keep that in mind but it will not flake off if done right :tup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
ya haven't really herd good things, but if theres something that act works thats good, i work doing bodywork and spraying cars, so if i ever painted my plastics it would be with a paint gun, but i just decided to buy new ones. but if the paint works just spray them then, and prob alot cheaper

·
8,530 Posts
Fusion works real well, but DO NOT get gas on it, and it will scratch and wear off in places that are exposed to more harsh abrasives, boots, trees, and other scraping objects will mark the finish.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Reckless said:
ya haven't really herd good things, but if theres something that act works thats good, i work doing bodywork and spraying cars, so if i ever painted my plastics it would be with a paint gun, but i just decided to buy new ones. but if the paint works just spray them then, and prob alot cheaper
For sure yeah i was just mentioning that as a cheap way that works cuase all over our plastics take a $hit kickin but yes my dad had painted my friends properly with spray gun using the proper adhesive primer and flex agents in the paint and Clear and it turned out amazing and it last very well put its alot more expensive then 6.89 a can lol but yeah using doing that way gives you much nicer finshih :tup:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back on topic. What colors do you guys think looks best? I'm gonna use the fusion paint. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
the tangerine orange from hok is amazing, the pearl shines so nice, if you did the frame that color and maybe black plastics, or even black frame with black and red plastics would like nice. i just like black alot, just ordered black plastics can't wait

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i got some pice of my rappy with the Oragne Krylon fusion paint and black frame let me know if you want me to post them

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah man, post'em up! If anyone else has pictures with orange, yellow, or blue paint, I want to see them. :tup:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
we used it on my bros warrior, black tho. looks real nice!!! holds up good too

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone else got pics?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
YamahaForever said:
anyone else got pics?
i left everything in stock location on my Raptor but my bro's warrior is a lil different. it has no dash lights or nothin, just bars.

ill have to get some pics of the raptor but its just a stock setup but for platics i have stock plastics and Enjoy Flame grafics that i got off ebay for 35 bux

1 - 14 of 14 Posts