Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im looking to get some opinions on what I should do next with my raptor 700 , I already have a full stainless yoshimura RS-7 exhaust and there matching PIM. but now thanks to uncle sam I got a little bit of cash to do something else. Cam? High compression piston? Stroker crank? Im looking to spend about a grand all said and done. any recomendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
What will you use the quad for? Dunes or trails?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I trail ride a lot, but im also going to be moving t colorado in a couple months and I will probubly be doing some dune riding then to, but id say overall 80% trail riding

·
Registered
51 Posts
Then I would go with Stage 2 Hotcam (less loss of top end) a programmable dynatek with DL700 curves and a CP 11.5 piston from TQS

·
Registered
296 Posts
1: Intake, exhaust, Fuel controller

2: Cam & TB bore

3: Piston & Dynatek Ignition (programmable)

4: Stoke, maybe bigger piston

That's my opinion anyway. Obviously, you can swap around some pieces, but if I had a stocker I'd do it like that.

Don't forget suspension either. A good suspension setup is NOT to be ignored IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The current map I have I like alot, and I think ive decided to go with the dynotech ignition module. Mostly because I figured it would make more sense to wait until I rebuild the raptor to do the 11:1 wiseco and a cam. I figure right now I have about 110 hours on it (had an hour meter put on at the dealership before it left) so I should be able to get easily another year or riding before it starts needing rings. And figured it would make more sense to wait rather than rip apart a perfectly good motor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ha Ha...I ripped mine apart at 20 hours :lol: and had the big 3 waiting in a box before the bike got home....I never rode it stock.....its all up to you, the possibilities are endless only limited by how many $$$ you want to throw at it. I would recommend a CP piston over a wiseco though..but thats just my .02.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts