Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a raptor 686 - 11:1 - kenz custom grind cam - 3 angle valve job & springs- ported and polished - full pro circuit exhaust - airbox open w/ dual durablue filters

elevation - 466 ft.

using dynojet jet kit

what main jets and pilots and clips are u guys using?

have an edelbrock but like to get rid of it and back to the stockers ..

thanks in advance!

tyler

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
I run a Dynojet kit with my 720cc 4mill. Stage 2 cam, Kenz ported head, with kibble white valves, and a sparks 6x big core exhaust. Pro Design K&N with no air box lid.

I am at ethire a 160-165 or a 155-160. I cant remember.
Needles in the middle clip
#25 pilot jets with the fuel scews 2 truns out.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks man that is a starting point .. for some reason there is 155/165 in the stockers now with gytr needles on 2nd clip ... 22.5 pilots .. that sounds pretty low .. especially when the mains are 2 off from each other and not 1 jet size .. keep em coming let me see other set ups and what your jetting is .. also .. anyone want to buy a raptor edelbrock carb for a thumb throttle? the intake manifold is cleaned up and polished .. i will let it go for a great price! pm me for info .. but anyway .. keep em comin!

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
I'm thinking that 3 angle valve job is going to require 1 step leaner - more turbulence will create better fuel atomization = better mix.

:razz: :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not posted on here in for ever,glad to see some 660 guys still around.Sounds like your in the ball park with your jetting.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Yea it sounds low but but you cant directly compair dynojet and mikuni main jets. They use different numbering systems.

Dynojet #'s theirs acording to the size of the hole.
Mikuni #'s theirs by how many cc's of fuel they flow in one minute.

So a dynojet 150 doesnt equal a mikuni 150.

Dynojet 146/148 is comparable or in the neighborhood of a mikuni 155-160.

So a dynojet 155-160 is going to be richer yet.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she does run good even with this bs edelbrock but i want to mod the stockers or at least clean them up a little .. thanks for the help .. any more info is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok thanks man that is a starting point .. for some reason there is 155/165 in the stockers now with gytr needles on 2nd clip ... 22.5 pilots .. that sounds pretty low .. especially when the mains are 2 off from each other and not 1 jet size .. keep em coming let me see other set ups and what your jetting is .. also .. anyone want to buy a raptor edelbrock carb for a thumb throttle? the intake manifold is cleaned up and polished .. i will let it go for a great price! pm me for info .. but anyway .. keep em comin!
Still got

1 - 8 of 8 Posts