Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R from a guy and he got it running after sitting for five years he replaced the starter clutch and did the service on it and it ran great the first time I took it out and I put it in the garage closed the fuel to keep from getting the carburetors clogged and one day I turned it on and flipped to on and it idled ok but when I’d give it gas it would back fire and pop and I took it for a spin and and whenever I’d give it a more than 1/4 throttle it would lose power and want to shut off and backfire and pop and I turned it off and it began tk drain gas from carburetors .what’s wrong with it?
It has aftermarket DG pipe and air filter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I bought a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R from a guy and he got it running after sitting for five years he replaced the starter clutch and did the service on it and it ran great the first time I took it out and I put it in the garage closed the fuel to keep from getting the carburetors clogged and one day I turned it on and flipped to on and it idled ok but when I’d give it gas it would back fire and pop and I took it for a spin and and whenever I’d give it a more than 1/4 throttle it would lose power and want to shut off and backfire and pop so I turned it off and it began to drain all the fuel from the carburetors.what’s wrong with it?
It has aftermarket DG pipe and air filter

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
8 Posts
My 03 Raptor 660 did the same thing. I drained the fuel and threw a fresh tank of 93 through it with a bit of seafoam, and she cleared right up. Whenever you're going to let it sit, turn the fuel off and either drain the carbs or let it run until it shuts off and there is no more fuel in the carbs. Go to the Raptor Forums if you haven't already. You'll have a lot better luck there with getting help with 660 problems.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
Make sure it's not a reverse switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which is faster yfz450 or Raptor 660?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts