Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I live in Denmark and drive a street legal quad (Yamaha Raptor 350). The quad has updated suspension for street use, lowered and widened. 18/36 gearing and wide street tires. It handles very very well on the streets, even at 70 mph (current top speed) and it's very stable.

The engine is upgraded with exhaust, header, jet kit and air filter.

I am no longer satisfied with the performance of the quad. The small single cylinder engine is very stressed at speeds above 50 mph. Running with high revs and is very noisy and has no power to overtake.
Therefore i want to put another engine in the bike, which is more suited for the street! I don't want the bike to be crazy like with an R1 engine. The quad should also look as stock as possible (engine wise - because of the cops not liking performance upgrades here...). I was thinking of a Yamaha FZ07/MT07 engine (75 HP 680cc twin) - because it seem to have a small footprint.

I know that welding is needed for new motor mounts - i will ask a professional workshop for fitting the new engine. The question is: is it feasible to put this engine on the quad? Will it fit in there? Or what engine would you put in there? Please let me know what you think!

----- IT IS NOT AN OPTION TO BUY ANOTHER/BIGGER QUAD, SO PLEASE DON'T COMMENT THIS -----

:devil

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
there is a chinees brand hsun that sell 350 and 400cc raptor 350 clone quad, but they also released a hsun 450 with the same frame as the 350 with some welding done to it and slapped a 450cc subaru polaris engine in it... and kept all the raptor clone frame parts, even the small fuel tank, am curious why nobody has tried to swap a 400 or 450 engine in it. if a chinees brand can do it other people should be able to do it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts