Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what size socket i need to take off the front sprocket...lol i know its big...i think i might have one that MIGHT fit it but im not sure ...thanks guys

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I just use a adjustable wrench, or some channel locks. They seem to work just fine.

-Kahuna :TB:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yeah, it's a 32.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MrSlithers said:
I think it's bigger on the Raptor because the Raptor uses a slightly larger front sprocket?
yea i think that may be so but i think its the same, maybe it was 32 on my 660? im not sure.

well if it helps its real big

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
32mm, same socket as the rear hubs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys im gonna go out and get the 32mm tomaro :tup: :nod:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yeah, I had to goo uot and buy one for my sprocket. All me tool sets (all Craftsman) only go up to 28mm. :( You think it's a conspiracy? :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I heard you probably would need an impact gun to get the front sprocket off. I have a 12 tooth I already bought but haven't put it on yet since I dont have an impact gun. I think this inspired me to go buy the socket and give it a try this weekend.

I really need to get that 12 tooth on there because in most of trails we ride, it's hard to keep it out of first gear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why is everybody buying sockets for $10? Just use a cresent wrench. You don't need a impact rachet to take it off either. Just put it in gear and use a cresent wrench.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It's just a WHOLE lot easier witha socket. i mean, I wouldn't go out an dbuy an airgun or anything, but I already had that. Besides, when the crescent wrench breaks the nut loose, I'd rather not take the chance of splattering my knuckles on the crankcase. :(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WarriorRacer#13 said:
It's just a WHOLE lot easier witha socket. i mean, I wouldn't go out an dbuy an airgun or anything, but I already had that. Besides, when the crescent wrench breaks the nut loose, I'd rather not take the chance of splattering my knuckles on the crankcase. :(
:nod: iv already got an air compresser and gun but need the socket... :s96: the place here dosnt have em so im gonna have to wait till next weekend to get it...i would also apretiate it if some body could tell me the socket size to take of the clutch basket...the big one in the middle... :( at this rate im never gonna get this thing put back together...thanks guys i dont know what id do with out bluetraxx!! :TB:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts