Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just picked my new 05 450 yesterday, as i had already posted, but anyways i have another question, i was riding it around for maybe 10 min and brought it back to the garage, i just wanted to check to oil to make sure and as soon as i took the dipstick out, oil came gushing out, so i put it back in and waited overnight and checked it again before running it and it is way overfull i guess the dealership overfilled it, but anyways my real question is, i also took the oil fill plug off, the one on the motor, and looked in and couldnt really see any oil sitting in there, is there not supposed to be oil sitting in there? or does the engine just take in as much oil as it needs? may sound like a stupid question but im just worried that an oil line is blocked or something, but it doesnt seem that way, i mean it doesnt make any weird noises or anything, any help is appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is very very little oil in the case. Your only suposed to fill the case with like .2 quarts. The oil tank holds 1.8 qtsz.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Yea, I did an oil change on my buddies for him and I was wodering the same thing, then I read the manual :tup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright guys thanks, i also read that in the manual, but i just wanted to make sure, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts