Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any one here has the new 2005 400ex with shaved fenders can you post a pic plesae :roll:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well does anyone with a 450 here have shaved fenders on it

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, do you huys think it would look good on a 05 400ex if i shaved them when i get mine, i am going to try get an 04 model if i can

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
To tell you the truth, Id get the '05. Not because of the reverse or anything, I never use it on my quads if they have it, you just spin it around. Id get the '05 because I like the 450r front end better than the 400EX's. I dont know if its just me or not, but maybe Im the only one that likes the 450 front end when you get the tint over the headlights. You could get a quadtech hood to make it a lot better. And the 400EX fenders are the same on the 05, the only thing the changed is the hood. So the 400EX fenders are the same as the 99-04.

I think it looks really good with cut fenders and the tint over the headlights.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, its just i liked how the 04 model lights were and how there wasnt that little piece of plastic sticking out :shrug:

·
Registered
345 Posts
If it was my choice to get an 05 400ex, I would go with the extra money and get a 450r, its about $500-$600 difference. You will have to dump twice as much as that difference to be able to keep up with a 450. I know some people are getting 400ex because they dont like to kick.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i duno i will have to see, i really like how the 400 is reliable, and it has been around for a while so there are not as many bugs to get out but well see i might get a 450, but all i do is mostly trail and little jumps and snow riding :shrug:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well then if you arent going to be racing or anything, a 400EX should do fine for you. The 05 may be better do to the reverse for trails. I have a 400EX now and I dont care about having no reverse. I never needed it and I never used it on my 300ex or anything. If you want to turn it around, just sppin it around, they spin really easy.

I am going to be moving up to a 450r to race MX with though.

Good luck :tup:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If I were you I'd go with a left over 04.. I personally dont like how they tried to copy the front end..Must be a new trend these days. 4 or so different Raptors, and now 2 450R lookin quads. Anyway....heres my 450R with shaved fenders.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
What you do to get the headlight like that? I thought it was tint but im not sure.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeh thats what i wanted to do is get a letf over 04 model

thansk for everything guys

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice R's!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
YamahaRider350 said:
What you do to get the headlight like that? I thought it was tint but im not sure.
Some people use electrical tape to just cover it for a while. I used black spray paint. I have no intention on riding at night..so I painted over it. I think it looks better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts