Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a week ago i hit some pretty big puddles ( most were about 2 or 3 feet deep, 20 feet long, 10 feet wide) and hit them in 3rd gear. when i got home, i checked my air filter, since my airbox lid is removed, there were water droplets all over my air filter. i took out the little thing underneath the air filter that collects dirt and stuff and it was filled with water. is there something i can buy if im going to hit puddles, so i dont get water into my air intake or should i just put my airbox on everytime i do it? thanks, ben.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
blasterboy86 said:
you can get a waterproof outerwears airbox lid
those cost alot though....

how high does the water get to onn ur blaster?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it's not like im thorwing it in a lake, but i could see water droplets all over my air filter and my airbox was all wet. when i took out the little thing underneath the air filter that collects dirt and stuff and it was filled with water and when i pulled it out, water poured out for about a second.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
put your lid back on, problem solved.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
um, just take that litle thing that catches water off so that water don't stand in your airbox :lmao:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
factory effex said:
um, just take that litle thing that catches water off so that water don't stand in your airbox :lmao:
lol..thats right..

The little catcher thing on my air box isn't there, is that a bad thing?
No.

·
Registered
389 Posts
as a frequent rider of wet conditions i can say that whether you run the lid or not you wont keep water out of there. the snorkle of the blaster is the worst i've seen. what i'd reccommend is to run a half worn flapper valve on the bottom of the box. what this does is allow drainage while idle and closes while under exel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts