Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lately ive been thinking about doing some sorta project with my Warrior like swapping motors. And ive come to a couple different conclusions and im not sure which motor would be best for MX. Since weight is a very crucial issue in MX quads and the Warrior motor weighing like 1249801724lbs I wanted to change it. The only thing im not sure of is pipes I think it would be easy to have a custom fourstroke pipe made but a custom 2 stroke pipe would probably be easy enough for someone to make but cost would be a big factor after buying the motor lol.

So ive decided on these motors.

Yz250
Yzf426
400ex

Let me know your thoughts and opinions I dont really know if im serious about this or not with turning 16 pretty soon and ive been dumping some money into my truck lately but im gonna start putting pennies away for a new motor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would go with something 400 or bigger. The dirtbike motors are proven as well as the 400ex and there are gobs of mods you can do to all of them, i would lean towards the 426 not just cuz its yamaha but it is a very powerful motor as is. I honestly am amazed at the power I am getting out of my FST 435 fit. It has torgue like crazy, running in 6th gear, mash it and the tires spin, its just incredable. I raced a new 450r and was dead even with basically no traction up to top end, i need to change my gearing so cuz now its 2nd to 6th in like 6 seconds flat. just food for thought

·
Registered
427 Posts
if you can get ahold of a cheap yzf 426 motor that would be the way to go...even if it wasnt in all that good a conditon..you could rebuild it and do what ever eles you have money for right then ..... :tup: that would be kick ass...hey man i thought you sold your warrior???

·
Registered
427 Posts
lol yeah man we gotta have our mx warriors theres so few like you and #13 on the track showing up the haters...its kick ass to have you back man! :nod: ..and sigh..slithers our long lossed TT racer ..anyways keep us up dated FMFWarrior21 you get ahold of a lighter mxer type motor...we wonta know every little detail :nod:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yamahaQuad350 said:
lol yeah man we gotta have our mx warriors theres so few like you and #13 on the track showing up the haters...its kick ass to have you back man! :nod: ..and sigh..slithers our long lossed TT racer ..anyways keep us up dated FMFWarrior21 you get ahold of a lighter mxer type motor...we wonta know every little detail :nod:
Well I made the decision today that im gonna do XC since there is a XC series around me up here. So im gonna stick with the Warrior motor and put in as many mods as I can but i gotta keep it at 350cc's unfortuneatly.Well anyway ill use this thread to show pictures of stuff I bought for the Warrior XC project.And for the record of course I missed ya guys :smooch: :lol:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Hey guys, im glad to see you all miss me but i've got good news. Once I get my truck sold, im building a MX/TT Warrior from the ground up. Funds are good and winter/christmas is here. Me and Kahuna are working out a deal for the rest of his Warrior parts for my F-150. Can't wait to be posting here much much more once again. :tup:

Just keep the Warrior motor and make it a torque monster :) .

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just get an R frame and build from there. They go pretty cheap on e-bay. I see them all the time anywhere from 100-250 dollars :tup: A warrior frame isn't the best handeling setup for XC so Thats whay I was just suggesting getting an R frame and building from that :tup:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
MrSlithers said:
Hey guys, im glad to see you all miss me but i've got good news. Once I get my truck sold, im building a MX/TT Warrior from the ground up. Funds are good and winter/christmas is here. Me and Kahuna are working out a deal for the rest of his Warrior parts for my F-150. Can't wait to be posting here much much more once again. :tup:

Just keep the Warrior motor and make it a torque monster :) .
sweet... cant wait :tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts