Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been building on this for around 3 months and finally got It done, nothing like the joy of finishing a big project I love doin this stuff, but I wanted to build a bike that was like a show and go, so i spent some little extra time and alot of money to make a practice bike setup close to my race bike(which i will have pics of it as soon as i can make it up to tulsa OK to get my parts) but I went with almost all used parts to show also that you can build a full on racer without breaking the bank, only new parts on the bike are of course suspension, nerfs, stem, powermadds bumper, hubs, and few other small odd and end parts, but here we go

here is what it looked like when i brought it home from the powdercoaters

little more progress

trying to get an idea of what its goin to look like, or course it turned out alot better as you will see

Installed the swingarm and motor

Axle and wave rotor

AND FINALLY!!
Here is the finished project.

And if you wanna know what i did this weekend, i got KNEE DEEP in a YFZ motor, putting the WR setup in one, Cant beat it power is unfreakin believable and its cheap, i would recommend cams when doin it and some kinda higher compression piston, but here ya go, you finally get to see what i look like

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Awesome, came out great Bob. :tup:
You lucky mofo. :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Woo Hoo...looks good.

There's noth'in like sitting back and just look'in at a project well done.

Great job man.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Wow thats nice, looks like it would take some time but 3 months isnt bad. If you dont mind me asking, how much did that all cost you in the end?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i totalled it up, with help from some sponsers and buying used i would say around 6500 which isnt that bad being most of the small stuff is new, but it was fun, i really enjoy building up quads, this is my 3rd yfz i built, and the 7th one in all, but i was saving up for an enclosed but decieded a spare bike would be more worth it in case something happens i have a backup, so i used that money i was saving to build this bike, if you look hard enough you can build one too for that, which is nice, cuase new from the ground up i would say it would have been atleast a 9000 dollar job

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
wow thats awesome i can only dream of owning a stock yfz right now but having 7 is unfathomable (dont think thats a word but oh well lol) nice work :tup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
high_octane94 said:
wow thats awesome i can only dream of owning a stock yfz right now but having 7 is unfathomable (dont think thats a word but oh well lol) nice work :tup:
Ah nah dude, i have built 7 in all, but i only own 2, the first one you might remember was the white/red one with TCS/LSR setup, prolly the best handling bike i have owned, i dunno, but in a few weeks i will have pics of my race bike, and you guys and gals will really hit the floor when you see it, :hey:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
bansheebc said:
high_octane94 said:
Ah nah dude, i have built 7 in all, but i only own 2, the first one you might remember was the white/red one with TCS/LSR setup, prolly the best handling bike i have owned, i dunno, but in a few weeks i will have pics of my race bike, and you guys and gals will really hit the floor when you see it, :hey:
yeah thats what i figured and i remember you're first one it was sweet. im almost afraid to see your race bike if this ones just for practise :scared:

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
and thats just a practice bike?? man, must be nice to have all that $ to spend on a quad :tup:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Looks Insane man! :scared: Do you have any more pics of the motor when you were installing the WR setup?

·
Registered
864 Posts
geez man u got it goin on...cant wait to see the race bike

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
you definatly have mad skills bob :dude:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts